I had 2 ports pending. 1 to Tello initiated on Saturday, and 1 to Ting, initiated Monday.
Both lines disappeared off my R+ dashboard at what seems to be the same time today. And then the port completed to Ting and Tello shortly after.
The Ting port resulted in an email with a link that included the exact steps to reset the phone. It even seems that the reset code was tailored for my particular phone as the Tello instructions used a different code. The phone restarted and it was working straight away.
The Tello dashboard actually said the port failed. I called up and after a short wait I was connected to a lady with a beautiful accent who apparently already had my account details up because of my caller id. Just me confirming my order number was enough for her to identify me and tell me immediately that she saw my phone was in their system and that she was "reprocessing". I got a success email immediately which included instructions to activate the phone.
I followed the instructions and a little later the phone was working. I then decided that since there is a 50% code for $10+ plans, I would buy a 100 minute, unlimited text and unlimited data plan (200MB full speed LTE), for $5 plus tax.
Low cost, processes and customer service. It can be done!