Please define Visible?

If anyone is looking to sign up for TopCashBack to take advantage of the $10 cashback on Visible, please use my referral link. I just posted it in the referral links thread (https://www.nthcircle.com/forum/other-services/76-referral-links-allowed-in-this-thread-only-hungryghost?start=90#43582)
Thank you!

There is a $5 off the first month payment with a referral for visible in there too:
https://www.nthcircle.com/forum/other-services/76-referral-links-allowed-in-this-thread-only-hungryghost?start=90#43587

I was in such a rush to get an order in for the Visible E6 yesterday (thanks again, redrotors!) that I skipped any of the stackable offers. $25 was too good a deal to pass up in hopes of getting an extra $5, $10, or even more.
If I hadn't been worried about the stock depleting again right away, I would have gone for the extra discounts.
The Moto E6 still seems available today, so it looks like I needn't have rushed.

I'm looking forward to kicking Visible's tires for the first month. After that, I'm not sure-- except that if the trial goes well, I'll know to consider it a viable possibility if my needs increase (and my budget along with it).

My order process did not go smoothly-- it hung up after entering payment terms. Chat helped me work through it, which involved clearing cookies & cache, and repeating the order process after signing back in to my just-created login. They could see that my CC had cleared and the order was stuck in "draft status". I was pleasantly surprised by the competence and quick response of the Chat agent, since I've read about a lot of problematic sign-ups. The agent stayed in the Chat session while I went through the process again, and confirmed that he could see the order in place before saying goodbye.
If you're poked around the ordering process before (as I had), it might be worth clearing cookies and cache before you start the process of actually placing an order.

I've kicked Visible's tires on the E6 in Kansas City, Phoenix, and San Jose areas so far in the ~9 days or so that I've had it, and the service is pretty flawless. Data is fast enough, hotspot works, & voice quality is extremely good, even on speaker phone. I think the voice quality is a Verizon thing rather than a Moto thing. In my experience, Sprint voice quality is pretty poor, as is AT&T. I've had nearly no voice experience on T-Mobile device.

The phone itself is as you would expect for a low end Moto. Very fast for now for the money. Hope it doesn't slow down too much over time. It's my first Android 9 phone, & seems fine.

Use paypal for payment. Saves a lot of headache.

I got my Visible Moto E6 yesterday, but no time yet to activate it. (Thanks, redrotors, for the timely notification that it was back in stock!)

I'm hoping my experience will be as positive as jamielih posted above. In the meantime, I did run the IMEI through several BYOD check pages.
Tello (Sprint) says AWESOME! Your phone wants to join Tello.
Verizon gives it a green light
T-Mobile says it's well equipped for compatibility with VoLTE and extended range on their network, but can't confirm locked/unlocked status.

I haven't tried installing a SIM for any of those, though. That's probably the hurdle that counts.

There's some recent discussion in the Slickdeals thread where it seems that the E6 has problems with LTE data on Sprint MVNOs, but not Sprint itself. Calls and texts work fine, and 3G data also works, but it's been mentioned several times that LTE doesn't work on Tello.

Anyway, I'm most curious as to whether Visible locked down the E6 after that big run early in the month that caused this model to be out of stock. I sure hope that the replenished stock isn't locked.

Ours came yesterday too & without activating it on Visible, I popped in an older FP SIM, which didn't do much, but was not shown as refused, then popped that out & tried a PAYG AT&T SIM, which prompted for activation before I shut it down again, then tried the IMEI at Twigby's BYOD checker, which was so happy to see it that they offered a free SIM.
So...I'll see if the extra Sprint SIM that I already have may work with it before going any further, but ATM, the best path IMO will be to get the value out of the $20 trial here before cancelling that in favour of keeping Twigby and its nicely lower pricing.

After you said this I checked mine. I've not been able to get data on mine on tello. I thought it worked last month when I first connected but I can't remember if I checked data or not now. 3g won't work.

I assume they had to modify the phone in some way to get visible to work and it broke the sprint side. There is no option to update profile which is usually an option in sprint phones. Calls,texts work fine.

I had mine before the slickdeals rush so they haven't done anything new to it.

mmfacemm, what sprint SIM card did you use?

Thanks for the mention that the Profiile Update menu doesn't appear. That does seem odd. Just looked at my G4 Play (on Sprint), and the closest thing is under Settings> More> Cellular Network settings> Carrier Settings> Update device config. (which I assume is Profile. There's also an option for Update PRL in the same spot, and a couple of steps upward from there a 'Reset carrier settings'.)

I have update device config and prl. I thought there is usually a profile too. Maybe it is just difference language because it isn't a sprint specific phone. Both the two options I have updated successfully but I get no data.

I am beginning to think it is a phone model thing rather than visible. The box it comes in is a generic sealed motorola box with the same model number as the carrier unlocked model. Seems to be others with the same issue having bought from elsewhere eg English Community-Lenovo Community

I'm using SIMGLW416TQ. Perhaps the 516TQ is better.

"Thank you for choosing Tello.

Yes, there seem to be issues with the Moto E6 specifically in regards to the LTE data. We currently have an investigation going on with Motorola regarding this however there are no current solutions to this issue.

We apologize for the inconvenience."

Try this hail mary to see if you can get LTE. Swap the Sprint SIM for a FreedomPop SIM. Set up FreedomPop properly on the phone, so that LTE data is working properly. Then swap the Sprint SIM back in. Read on for the one time this hail mary worked for me.

During the transition from R+ to Ting to Tello, my Moto G4 only got 3G on Tello (& probably Ting, too, but it was a very short time & I forgot.)

I spoke with Tello tech support, & they concluded that it's just the phone, even though I had LTE on R+ previously. I accepted Tello's answer for 2 months, until one day, I swapped in a FreedomPop SIM. I forgot why. Anyways, when I swapped the Sprint SIM back in some time later, it got LTE.

Thanks for the tip but no joy.

So far all sprint mvnos (tello and text now) and verizon mvnos (tracfone) I've tried have no data. My freedompop att sim didn't have data either for some strange reason.

My mint and freeup sims work so there is that. As well as the visible sim. So I guess I shall have to consider it a gsm only phone outside of visible. Better than nothing and still worth more than $20.

Thanks for all the updates, mmfacemm! Especially the ones that point to non-Visible versions of the phone having trouble provisioning data on Sprint MVNOs, and Tello's response.

At this point, I'm not sure it's related at all-- but I would be tempted to use SIM 516TQ instead of 416TQ. If I run my Visible MEID through Sprint's compatibility tester, it wants to sell me 516TQ. The s4gru chart (apparently sourced directly from Sprint information) listing is labeled a little oddly for the new E6 listing-- but also appears to specify 516TQ for an other-than-sprint-branded E6, and the 416TQ for the Boost Mobile version of the E6. I'm not positive it makes a difference, but sometimes it's an important difference.

I searched through the Slickdeals thread on this phone, and found 4 discrete reports of data activation attempts on the Sprint network (that had remotely enough info to inspect anything).
1 using 516TQ that activated properly on Sprint Postpaid.
1 using 516TQ that could not activate data on Tello.
2 using 416TQ that could not activate data on Tello.

I seem to be missing something in my understanding of how Sprint activations are handled-- I thought that MVNOs were just passing along the request to Sprint, who actually did the activations. If so, it seems odd that the same device, with the same SIM, could provision for data on one, and not the other.

The part about E6's Verizon incompatibility is worrying (given that Visible is a Verizon mvno). Could it be that the APN needs to be manually updated? -- with Tracfone, to get data working, I remember having to "run and install" a link that they sent me as a text message. I think Tracfone needs a "Reseller" APN.

Edit - There was one report in the slickdeals thread about the E6 connecting successfully to Verizon towers. (As an aside, that thread is massive!)

Well I couldn't get my data to work (tracfone verizon). I used the standard tracfone verizon apn (it even had automatically appeared correct). It isn't entirely surprising to me since visible isn't standard verizon. That is why only certain certified devices work on visible. Ones that the manufacturers have included whatever software tweaks were necessary.

I cannot contribute anything regarding data, but I can affirm that the E6 has terrific voice coverage around my area, which affirms that it works well with Verizon signal for it 'cuz thats all there is here.

That is encouraging! I was afraid the Verizon coverage in your area might still depend heavily on 3G. I've seen some reports Verizon/Visible LTE coverage is pretty spotty in some underserved areas.

My FreedomPop AT&T SIM worked & had data in the second Visible Moto E6 we have from the swap deal. In case it matters, I have never placed the Visible SIM in that E6.