Phone Installment Plan - FYI

[quote="tech-stitch"]
I know it is possible to earn more than $100 gold in a month because we (our family) have two accounts that consistently reach that.

Wow! First off, Congrat's on finding a way to earn that amount of gold (100) in a month! Wifey is a devoted swiper with CellNUVO and she's never achieved that level of gold in a month. Currently she says she can't even get to over 10 gold in a month because of the "slowdown". Would you mind sharing how you're achieving that kind of gold total per line per month?

Im assuming this is the MetroPCS deal. If it werent for CellNuvo, would you still keep paying for these lines? The prior is decent assuming that you break it down like $17[Service] + $12[Prime] + $1[Google One]. This is also assuming though that everyone in that group never leaves.

Im assuming this is the MetroPCS deal. If it werent for CellNuvo, would you still keep paying for these lines? The prior is decent assuming that you break it down like $17[Service] + $12[Prime] + $1[Google One]. This is also assuming though that everyone in that group never leaves.
[/quote]
Yep, these are with Metro by TMobile since they have a strong preference here and we're I travel to most. More importantly, CellNuvo pays the bills. We do have other options, bus to far they meet all our needs.

If CellNuvo we're to go kaput, 4 would move providers based on each users needs (e.g. FreeUp Mobile, Tello, etc) in order to reduce or eliminate costs.

3 lines would remain with Metro at that point ($78 plan) since those require unlimited allotments to make life easier.

EDIT:
As far as earnings with CellNuvo, my wife makes about 60-100 gold each month. I along with my in-law make the rest needed.

As far as what we do, we just swipe during idle times (watching TV, while at work, etc). Like everyone here, we have days that earnings just suck. We don't give up though unless we are not getting ads at all.

We also have two phones that make the most due what I attribute their specs (LG Stylo 4 & Q7+). Those will practically always get ads before the other less capable phones. Thanks to Metro, those did not cost much (Stylo was free and the Q7+ was $79 or $99)

We have also been lucky here in Florida with the anti tobacco ads. We do not use VPNs or anything special. Just use our data allotments or the cable internet when at home.

EDIT2:

Lastly, it is best to swipe when possible for a consecutive 15+ minutes to improve your chances of the "match all pot". These random lotteries help us reach our goals.

Wow -- this California resident is envious of your swiping location! Maybe you could start a new side business, VSRBO (Vacation Swiping Rental By Owner) and cash in by charging 25% of whatever gold your tenants accrue. :slight_smile:

Interesting idea. LOL!

Any update? I haven't got Amazon credit for my dream phone yet.

Same here (waiting). Was thinking on sending them a note asking for an update on Thursday which would be 7 days from their last interaction with me. I won't lie, I am getting impatient since I placed my request on the first.

The worst part is that they give bad news and then leave us in the dark with silence.

I do find it unfair.

Even if they decide to get rid of Amazon phone purchase program, they should honor golds made before this change for Amazon credits, because many people swipe with reliance on this program. Otherwise it would be a bait and switch.

They have not given any indication that they are going to scrap it altogether otherwise they would not be promising that payments would resume after the update. They talk about delays and postponements only. At least they were clear that those who have already requested a phone should get paid.

I don't know what will happen to those of us who have been saving up monthly but have not requested anything yet. My guess is that we will be subject to whatever new rules and revisions they will put in place going forward. So that could be bad news. But with cellnuvo anything is possible and with the promise of the removal of limits I really have no idea how they will make it all work.

First it was as good as money, then it became a coupon.

See https://www.nthcircle.com/forum/cellnuvo/2514-why-no-cellnuvo-update#34752 for an update on this.

If that is true it is even better.

Yep. We will see how it works out.

I doubt that assumption is true.

Since most of us are being told goth carrier payments will still be done within 24 to 48 hours. So if they're going to give you cash why would you have to worry about carrier payments?

Just don't want people that get their hopes up

I agree and thus why my stance remains the same (wait and see). Still, looks better than before and they are responding to our status requests (at least they do mine).

As long as they keep paying our cellphones, the phone is an added bonus to me. Mind you, I do not want the have the gold lost. Worst case, I will spend it in service.

Any update on the phone installment plan? I need money to buy a phone now!

Nothing besides what was shared back then in my end. If 10 days pass and nothing has changed, I will be revisiting this with CellNuvo.

My order was placed way before this new set of rules.

Let's see what they do with us that had orders placed. So far, not promising based on what I have received.