Phone Installment Plan - FYI

Good I hope I was wrong.

So what abuse are they fixing?

That was my concern. Thanks for the info.

At least the price of the S9 just dropped on amazon

IIRC, the 100 gold per month limit was started because of "abuse." Are they going to alter the installment process for users or just on their end through app changes? I'm waiting to hear if the 1 phone per year limit will change too.

How much now?

It depends. The new ones appear to be down by about $60 bucks if I recall the pricing right. The certified refurbished are hovering around the same as I recall. As far as the phone limit per year, it would be nice if they increase it to two per year or simply go with the fact that silver earned can be used as desired when desired.

Then again, the abuse deal is what's in question. What constitutes abuse in their eyes and what percentage of people abused the policy? So far, not a clue. More over, there will always be some that will abuse any given policy or system. So long as the percentage is low and the user identified and action taken, I see no point to make a huge deal about it for the rest of the people whom adhere to their policies.

Cell nuvo is in control of the whole installment process. How could any abuse occur? I don't buy it.

How can anybody abuse it? By swiping too hard so that he can afford a phone per year?he must be a genius to come up with a better way to abuse it.

I wonder if the "abuse" is related to those of us holding multiple Cellnuvo accounts (for children, etc.) and utilizing just one Amazon account... (?) If the first is allowed and the second a problem, that should be explained.

I know it is possible to earn more than $100 gold in a month because we (our family) have two accounts that consistently reach that. That's how we afford to have the 7 lines we have and not pay the $198.00 per month. It all comes down to how idle time is spent and how much of it is available. That said, it could be possible to request an inexpensive phone quite often.

As far as the number of accounts, they inadvertently created this problem. This is because it is not possible to have several people share the one account across multiple devices. Moreover, they have indicated that one individual can have several accounts. Had we been able to share the account across multiple devices and there was no per month limit on the phone bill, we would have not bothered with having several accounts for the line payments.

Still, the abuse part on the phone instalment plans remains an unknown. In fact, I doubt they would share as they would not want to expose a loophole and give the idea to others that may have not found the way to circumvent their process - at least until they remedy the issue.

I want to abuse the loophole!

Does CN allow payments from multiple accounts to be made toward the same Amazon gift card ?

no

That makes no sense as not everyone has an Amazon acct (children).

Im really amazed by this comment, if you dont mind sharing, what do you get with roughly $28 dollars per line?

Maybe not towards the same gift card, but it is possible to purchase multiple gift cards on the same Amazon account using multiple CN accounts.

The 4+ line family plans are what carriers love to reel in. They get all the best deals. I've heard of people getting the works for even less than $28 per line.

It is pretty easy actually to set up children accounts with amazon that are linked to the main account. You can even set controls to prevent them going wild.

I can imagine use cases like that being interpreted as "abuse.'

Four lines have unlimited everything and 15 GB Hotspots (each), Google One, and the account holder (me) has Amazon prime as part of the package. Effectively, these lines cost $30 per month.

The other three lines have unlimited everything but no hotspot or extra perks like Amazon. These cost $26 per line and are used by those without the need or use of everything else.