New Tello Plan Prices

HMMMM I see sprint sim cards do not function like gsm sim cards. If I currently have a functioning twigby (sprint mvno) sim card in my phone and wish to switch to tello can I reuse the same sim in the same phone?

Probably, but not 100% sure. I was able to activate an old Twigby-purchased phone (Samsung J3, 2016 model) on Tello and it provisioned just fine with the original SIM. Worst case scenario might be that you'd need to purchase a new SIM and have Tello re-provision your phone, but as you probably already know, Tello's customer service is stellar.

Good luck -- hope it works for you!

yes

What were the old PAYG rates for voice/text/data vs the new?

I believe that the old voice rate was 2 or 3 cents per minute and the other rates are unchanged (but not sure since I've never used their PayGo service).

Here is an article from May 2018 with the Tello Paygo prices at the time, though I think the article's a bit off with the $2 per MB claim, which I do agree is rather expensive.

"If a low-cost plan isn’t your thing, Tello also offers pay-as-you-go options. Calls in the US will run you $.03/minute and just a penny to send a text. Data is rather expensive though at $2/MB"

Some went down some went up.

Here's a snapshot from June 15, 2019

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was a typo in the "Android Guys" review. 2 cents per MB would be more realistic -- not cheap if you use much data ($20/GB), but a whole lot cheaper than what the article quoted!