New Message from Sprint

No, I didn't request anything. I've just been waiting like everyone else.

When I call the number I attempted to port out of CN, it tells me the number is invalid and Ting shows the phone available. Nothing has changed on the other phones. When I call those numbers, it tells me that number I've dialed is temporarily not in service. Ting shows those phones in use.

Here is another change over the past couple of hours to the way things have been. Calling my CN numbers now gets "the person you have called is unavailable right now ..." rather than continuous ringing.

Both of my CN phones still show as active somewhere when checked on Ting.
When attempting to call those numbers, I hear a busy signal.
When attempting to call out, I hear "Sprint has connected you to an external operator....." (I've only checked one phone for outbound calling.)

jeff, do I remember that your port attempt was cancelled by your intended new provider?

Strange that our results seem to be all over the place.......

At home, CellNUVO is a roam situation for me on Verizon.

Test call just got a different message of "Welcome to Verizon Wireless. Please hold for an operator." Hung up since I didn't want to credit card roam, but it's promising that the carriers are giving people a temporary option if they really need it (I've got other wireless options but I'm sure some CellNUVO customers may not).

At work a couple of hours ago, I still got the same Sprint no service message.

I emailed Tom earlier about all of this. He replied and just said that he hopes to provide an update shortly. He has been silent up to now about requests I made for updates so this is promising.

Twigby told me that CN rejected my port telling them that my information did not match. I emailed CN support yesterday about it but never heard back from them.

I get "your call did not go through, please try again" -- both phones.

jeff, thanks for repeating the info on your port attempt--- I was hoping it was a delayed port going through.

Got curious, and tested from several different source phones, attempting to call my CN phone.

Calling from my landline to my CN phone: "You have reached a number that is no longer in service"
Calling from VZW cell: "You have reached a non-working number", followed by an error code.
Calling from Sprint cell: "The number or code you have dialed is incorrect. Please check......"
Calling from Google Voice: busy signal.

So, that's apparently at least part of why our results are all over the place: the message is specific from the calling phone provider, not from the called phone provider. A change from earlier results might tell us something (as per arynrob's initial question), but it doesn't appear that the exact message is terribly helpful.

My dogs not happy about this cellnuvo outage

Ewwww his paw looks disjointed

Probably Sprint isn't happy to hear that CellNuvo has GSM contract?

If the CellNUVO GSM carrier contract is with T-Mobile, they may not be too disappointed because Sprint is in preliminary negotiations to merge with them: Bloomberg report on Sprint potential mergers with T-Mobile and Charter Cable

Was that "one ringy dingy" or "two ringy dingies"? :stuck_out_tongue:

Multiple Sprint MVNOs are dual carrier these days (Ting, FreedomPop, ProjectFi, etc.) - I doubt that's an issue. I suspect that as the last place carrier in the US, they know they have no leverage to prevent this.

I'll be happy to move to gsm - I am so tired of sprint and finding devices that can work on sprint mvnos and messing with swaps that never seem to go through properly half the time. Prl and profile updates etc.

These error messages sound like the phone numbers were cancelled and released and the handset esn released as well.

At the time of my last posting above about error messages, both of my phones still show as active elsewhere when tested on Ting BYOD. I agree with your thought that if the ESN shows as released when testing, it's likely that the phone number has also been cancelled.

Last night I checked both of my lines on Ting and Tello's BYOD and they both were available to port over (active on other carrier). This morning they both show as ready to activate immediately. Does this mean my phone number is lost? I thought I went through enough stress with R+ losing my number last time... ugh. Best course of action still to wait it out? Is my silver gone? Will CellNuvo be recovering numbers? Ting was able to recover my "lost" number from RingPlus last time.

I know that nobody has a sure answer to these questions, but they're the ones running through my head and I wanted to type them out.

Just confirming, im also getting the 'connected to external operator' now. Used to get the your account could not be validated. Appears that they've only released our phones from the network, nothing more. We've also possibly lost our phone numbers, but hey, it's nice to see SOME progress.

According to Ting's ESN checker, all 3 devices that we manage on CellNuvo are free to activate on Ting's CDMA network. Hopefully, CellNuvo can hang on to the phone numbers.