Mint SIM

Finally, my port to GV is complete. Been looking around window shopping to see where can I find the most bang for my buck and the only one that is budget friendly and meets my needs is Mintsim.12 months service unlimited txt/calls/data 2GB then 64 kbps I believe, which comes up to about $163.20 paid in full up front, comes up to about $13.60 monthly. I have never heard of them before until R+ folded and was searching for an affordable plan. Mintsim is based on California where I am at too just I never heard or got service from them before and would like to hear other ppl opinions and/or experience if you had/have service with them.

Edit Price: For Californians - California MTS Tax Add $13.86 to grand total.

I'd never heard of them until I saw the post on the RingPlus Community page. I like the idea of paying $16.67/month for service for a Medium package which includes 5 GB of data, but I don't like having to pay for a three month "lock in."

Now that I have GV I really don't care what number they give me since I can just forward my GV and be set then ditch the service whenever I want and not have to worry about losing my number ever again. Just trying to take advantage of any promos deals since I will be getting a factory unlock device that I can activate anywhere.

I have mintsim. Highly recommended if you have good tmobile coverage where you need it.SHOPCLEVER for 20% off the 6-12 month plans.

-The unlimited 2g is actually 128k which is much better than 64k.

-The website is easy to use. Great features such as tmobile wifi calling on certain phones.

-Tethering is supposed to be prohibited by the terms but they seem to allow it anyway as long as you don't abuse it.

I'll be happy to answer any questions I can.

Thanks for the info! I've been trying to find info on them and looks legit and maybe run by Ultra Mobile as they have the same CEO and same parent company T-Mobile from what I've read but not many people have it or heard from them and wanted to see if anyone here had any experience with them. Just waiting to receive my phone by mail and maybe give them a try.

I also went with Mint. I was hesitant at first since, like you, I hadn't heard much about them. The parent company, Ultra Mobile, has been very successful so I went ahead with a 12- month purchase. The card arrived in about 3-4 days and I was able to activate last Friday (the day all the madness started).

Service has been fine for me at home and work. What really surprised me was that I was able to make a phone call at my parents' house. They live in western Maryland in a mountainous area, and in the past I was only able to get coverage there with AT&T.

Mint's web site doesn't have as many bells and whistles as the R+ portal had. I can't see my call history, for example, but then again I have unlimited calling. The site does tell you how much total data you've used, but it doesn't break it down by day.

I sent an email to them last week asking about the packaging for the sim card as I wanted to know if I was going to have to stay home to get the package (I have a small mailbox). They replied in about 30 hours. I sent another message on Feb 7 at 9:34 PM PST asking about tethering since some are saying you can tether although the ToS says no. I haven't heard back from them yet.

If you're willing to take a gamble on prepaying months in advance and you get decent T-Mobile coverage, I'd recommend Mint. I think their pricing is reasonable and isn't so low that they're going to go out of business in a few months. If the parent company had been "Bob's Phone Service" instead of Ultra, I'd not have gone with them (no offense to anyone named Bob).

Does anyone know if MintSim will turn off the voicemail feature upon request?

My SIM card from Mintsim arrived, and the return address or ship from was Ultra Mobile. They shipped first class mail, and it got from Chicago to Palm Desert CA in 2 days, that's fast mail delivery.

Tethering works on our mint sims.

MintSim has changed its pricing structure by removing the promo feature.

At first glance the pricing structure seems a little strange with the 6 month option being the highest on a per month basis.

https://www.mintsim.com/plans/

On the 3 month plan there is a 7 day refund option (less S&H).

"All of our 3-month introductory plans carry an unconditional 7-Day Money Back Guarantee. So try us out – if we’re not your style, let us know within 7 days of activation for a full refund (minus S&H). Full details can be viewed in our official Terms and Conditions."

https://www.mintsim.com/return-policy/

The 6 month price is odd, but overall the new or latest prices look quite reasonable for unlimited talk/text plus a goodly amount of data on T Mobile.

Agreed, it's a pretty good price for 2GB/mo, throttled after that, and, talk and text. My only complaint now after having used it longer is that the coverage is not as good as I thought it was from the coverage map. That of course is T-Mobile issue, but for me being rural, it's not good enough. I'll live with it, but won't renew. I really just need some talk and text, and, ideally unlimited data even if throttled slow.

If you haven't already, check out TPO Mobile for inexpensive plans for both GSM and CDMA where they offer unlimited talk/text and throttled data is unlimited after high speed data is used. But you will probably still be on T Mobile with GSM phone and their promo on R+ site may not still be offered.

I will be on MintSim until March, so, many things will change by then, but thanks! I know Sprints coverage is much worse that most, but, I've always had it wherever I go, even on trips.

Mint Sim is now available through an exclusive partnership with Best Buy.