I want to transfer my number to CellNUVO?

I want to transfer my Ting phone number to CellNUVO.
I have checked CellNUVO account. I don't see where to put my current Ting phone number on CellNUVO?

Do you already have a cellnuvo account?

If not there is a space to enter in port details during the sign up. Make sure you use a referral code too for free activation.

If you already have an account you need to email support for a port in support@cellnuvo.com

If you already have an account with CellNuvo and have a number assigned by CellNuvo, good luck. See the following thread under CellNuvo for more details. You are better off creating a new account and during the account creation process indicate you want to port a number in.

I already have CellNuvo account and CellNuvo phone number.

You'll have to email support to do that. As has been mentioned there have been a few ports that did not work but there have been successful ones too.

Did you personally have success with this or were there others that have mentioned success with this? I have successfully ported 5 lines into new CellNuvo Accounts. However, both I and Michael Corleone were unsuccessful in porting in a number into an active CellNuvo account. In the end we both gave up trying to work with support and just created new accounts and the ports completed quickly.

Not personally just hearsay. Maybe someone else can confirm...

It should be possible, but I was not successful. I suggest when contacting support ask if they can first remove the sprint number from your account and then request a port in. This approach may increase your likelihood of success. If you do succeed, please share your exact steps.

I have ported 3 numbers successfully using email requests to support@cellnuvo.com. 2 were from Ting which were done less than 2 months ago. The most recent was ported from Tello and done less than 2 weeks ago. No one in my family wanted to port their numbers right away because we wanted to try the service out so everyone received new numbers when we signed up. The first 2 each took about a week to complete but that was mainly due to emails between support. They seemed confused about my request. The most recent request took only took a few days to complete. It was passed much quicker to someone that could perform the port. I was warned that manual ports can take up to a week but it went very quickly after they sent the request to Tello.

Jeff, can you share the wording you used / steps taken to successfully complete this so that the community can reference this in the future? Support was confused as well about my request as well (support called it a swap, not a port) and they eventually just stopped responding after they gave me the same reply twice.

I used the following in my email to support.

subject line: Request to Port Number from Tello

Email message:

CellNUVO Account Number: 1234567890123

I would like to bring my phone number which is currently at Tello over to CellNUVO. Please replace my current CellNUVO number 123-555-1212.

I then entered all the information from my Tello account. The most recent time I got back a response from support to fill out the following information even though I had it all in my original email. You might just want to use this format in the original email.

Authorization by:
First Name:
Last Name:
Old Provider Name:
Number to Port-In:
Old Account Number:
Pin:
Street /House Number:
Street Name & Appt./Suite#:
City:
State:
Zip:

If you are transferring a number to REPLACE an existing CellNUVO number, we need the following information to pass to our provider:

Authorization by:
First Name:
Last Name:
Old Provider Name:
Number to Port-In:
Old Account Number:
Pin:
Street /House Number:
Street Name & Appt./Suite#:
City:
State:
Zip: