Hold for Me

An app that makes waiting for customer service more bearable.

"...people in the United States spent over 10 million hours on hold with businesses last week." "Hold for Me, our latest Phone app feature, helps you get that time back..."

EDIT: Evidently, I should have said the "Hold For Me" feature is on hold and might soon be here, for even though I have the OEM Google phone app built into two phones, the "Hold for Me" feature, which should show up in the phone settings, is not there yet. I made a call and was put on hold but the "Hold for Me" window was not there. Oh well, back to scratchy elevator music for now.

Pretty cool.

Hope they roll it out to more phones.
I don't think it is a feature of the app linked Isamorph?

I increasingly run across businesses that have the callback option but for those that don't this looks useful, just have to hope that the CSR on the other end heeds the app's message and waits for you to get back on the line.

I would think Google will be adding more phones, but it's already compatible with a few of mine, including the ZTE Blade 10 I got from the Visible deal. Will have to give it a try with some overburdened CS line.

I think it is a feature of the app in that one must make a call and be put on hold before the "hold for me" option shows up on one's phone screen. I do not know why the feature is not yet listed in the app's description. I'll make a call on my wife's Pixel 3aXL and see if it shows up. Hope it's not the first time I call CS and someone answers straightaway.:slight_smile:

"Turn on Hold for Me when you’re on a call
Important:

Hold for Me may not detect when the representative returns to the call in every situation.
You can’t play music or other audio when Hold For Me is active.
Take your phone off silent or vibrate only.
Open the Phone app.
Place a call to a toll-free number.
When you’re placed on hold, tap Hold for me and then Start.
While you’re on hold, you’ll find a card on the screen that says “Don’t hang up”.
When the support representative is ready to speak with you, a prompt will display “Someone’s waiting to talk to you.”
Tap Return to call."

I've long said that if they played Rosetta Stone on hold rather than music I could be fluent in 12 languages by now.

Evidently, I should have said the "Hold For Me" feature is on hold and might soon be here, for even though I have the OEM Google phone app built into two phones, the "Hold for Me" feature, which should show up in the phone settings, is not there yet. I made a call and was put on hold but the "Hold for Me" window was not there. Oh well, back to scratchy elevator music for now.

it is a pixel 4a 5g and 5 exclusive at the moment (or early preview as they call it)

I saw that about the newer Pixel devices, but I was a bit thrown off by the fact that my phones with the Google phone app installed had listed within the app instructions for how to use the "Hold for Me" feature, which I guess is there for future updates.