Got My Money's Worth

This phone has been my home internet for the past 3--1/2 years.

It's a Blu Life One X LTE with a non-removable battery and it's been plugged in continuously for all those years-- and the hotspot has been turned on for that entire time, as well.

It's performed flawlessly and still works fine, but the battery is so swollen that it popped off the back cover.

I've removed the non-removable battery and would love to put this back in service but, unfortunately, I can't find a replacement anywhere.

I'm going to be sad to say goodbye to Old Faithful.

How are your solder skills? :slight_smile:
A cheap compatible Li-Ion 2900 mAh battery shouldn't be too hard to google.

Not very good, but it might be worth trying. :slight_smile:

No need to solder:
https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4000453672052.html
This seems like a full replacement kit but since you have it open and battery removed, should be plug and play.

Wow, I'd be afraid of using that battery for sure. I like the solder idea. As long as it is similar capacity, it should be fine I would imagine. Then again, all I know is that I know nothing. Best do some research. Good luck finding something similar that you can place in there!

Wow! Thanks a lot!

If I were going to solder I'd rather make a dummy battery since it's plugged in all the time.

@Chelle Which carrier do you use with it, what do you pay and how much data and bandwidth does it include?

Or you could get a donor that may not have had the use that you had and do a swap. Then you would have oem most likely, and much faster shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-BLU-LIFE-ONE-X-L0070UU-REPLACEMENT-BLACK-WORKING-LCD-CRACKED-DIGITIZER-FRAME/143446791691?hash=item216618560b:g:PtkAAOSwnHZYk3pq

It's a grandfathered T-Mobile plan with unlimited talk, text, data, 14GB LTE hotspot and unlimited Binge On (which means that most major video services don't count against the 14GB) that costs us $37.50/mo.

For a long time we used the phone, as is, but eventually transitioned to using PdaNet+ and Connectify with it to bypass the 14GB limit.

So we no longer have to be careful with our non-video data usage.

I signed up for a line with Visible and have been test driving it for the past 5 weeks. It's working very well, for us, and I'm trying to work up the nerve to cancel T-Mobile.

T-Mobile has been bulletproof for us, for a long time, and it's hard to pull the plug. Hard to beat the $25 price of Visible, though.

I'll keep them both for another few months before giving up a plan I could never get back.

FWIW: I throttle bandwidth in our router in such a way that we can watch 3 TV shows in SD (good enough for us) with 1 GB of data.

By keeping our bandwidth reasonable, we stay under the radar and have had zero problems using cellular for home internet.

I know Chelle can handle almost anything.... but I wouldn't recommend soldering a Li-Ion, or any rechargeable battery unless one is pretty comfortable with soldering skills. It's not a beginner-level project, and they can explode if overheated in the process.
(Reference: I've soldered plenty of NiCad, and a few Li-Ion, packs in power tools, and I have pretty extensive soldering experience.)

Pop goes the battery.

This is what must of happen to the Galaxy 7 on airplanes

I've never ordered from AliExpress before-- never even thought to! But I did, tonight. That's the exact battery I was looking for.

I hope it arrives-- and works!

Thanks!

I've been out of the loop for a bit; what is the Visible plan and how does it compare to or potentially replace the sweet T-Mobile plan you have?

Unlimited talk, text, data, and hotspot for $25/mo if you use Party Pay.

My new battery arrived from China in less than 3 weeks!

I installed it, tonight, and my trusty Blu Life One X is like new, again!

Thanks for the help!

I love it when a plan comes together!
I am happy for you, I know what it is like to have valued, old faithful type tech.