Free Warp 5G Trial w/ US Mobile - 100 Days of (Unlimited T&T + 15GB)/Month

Didn't see this already posted here, if its a duplicate DM me a link and delete this post please

Port-In required

I asked customer support, they didn't give any deadline for this promotion.

Port-Out requires to signup for a plan after this trial.

Only eligible for verizon compatible devices

Exact Verbage:
10 days free trial with 15 GB of Premium 5G Data and Unlimited Talk & Text
90 additional days free when transferring your number with up to two lines

They way I'm reading it -

• The first 10 days are a trial #. Can you port in right away and still get the 10+90=100 days?

• I don't think you have to have to have a "purchased" plan to port out (could they even get away with that given # portability laws?). I read it as applying to the 10 day temp #.

From the FAQ
"Can I port-out my new number from the free trial?

New numbers created as part of our Warp 5G Free Trial are not eligible for porting out until after a plan has been purchased for that line."

I guess worst case you'd be out $7-8 (for the $5 plan). They say you can change plan 2 days before it would auto renew for the 4th 30 day period.

That's my understanding yes

You get a temp number, then port in and immediately get the 90 day boost upon successful port

• I don't think you have to have to have a "purchased" plan to port out (could they even get away with that given # portability laws?). I read it as applying to the 10 day temp #.

Would be news to me if there are laws for that stuff, but I read it as any number on a trial

My plan is to port in a number for cheap and just not care to port out

I guess worst case you'd be out $7-8 (for the $5 plan). They say you can change plan 2 days before it would auto renew for the 4th 30 day period.

My thoughts exactly on a simple port out, BUT I guess if you really complained and groaned they would let you before the trial ends. However that is very YMMV

I guess I'm drawing a definition between a "new" number (requires a "purchased" plan) and a ported in #. A ported in # is NOT a "new" #. The FAQ say that "new" #'s are not eligible......

I won't try to look up chapter & verse re portability laws. I just was under the impression they are written to not allow a carrier to block you porting "your" (as opposed to a new 10 day "disposable" temp one they assign you) # to another carrier.

And you may be right, but when I read new, I just inferred as the plan and not the number itself. Like I said I could be wrong.

Definitely open to interpretation.
I suppose I'd try to get a clarification and chat transcript before jumping in. Especially if it was a number I didn't really want to let disappear.

What if you get a really great 10 day temp # you'd like to keep? That would definitely require a paid plan to capture and I guess you'd forfeit the 90 day deal.

I suppose they probably are recycling the same #'s for the 10 days. Wonder if they are "juicing" the service on 10 day #'s, like giving higher priority data or something.

Especially if it was a number I didn't really want to let disappear.

Its very easy to get a new temp number that has no significance. I got a temp number from tello ($10 i think) to port into google fi back when they were doing their free 3 month trial of unlimited everything

I suppose they probably are recycling the same #'s for the 10 days.

That would be my understanding of every provider regardless of how you setup a plan

Ok, chatted with US Mobile.
You can port out a number you ported into US Mobile without buying any plan. This applies to this 10+90 promotion.
You cannot port out a # they assigned you unless you have paid for a service plan.

Looks like hotsopt is included in all plans but the unlimited data. I clicked on that chat icon near lower right of usmobile.com and searched for 'hotspot':

"All custom data and pools plans have hotspot functionality. However, on Unlimited plans and Unlimited bundles, the hotspot is only available as an add-on and will be purchased separately."

I used my old FreeUp number from a line that I had cancelled. They keep the number available for port out for 90 days after cancellation before they deactivate it.

So I got my kit yesterday, but I found out this promo is only valid for verizon compatible devices

Just as a friendly headsup

They made that clear in their promo. "Warp 5G Network" is the name that US Mobile uses for the Verizon network.

Yeah thats news to me

But

Used live chat on us mobile web site to activate 100-day trial on iPhone 7. No 5G or Warp required.

Success!

When we used up the 15 GB for the month, US Mobile is not providing any throttled data. Yikes.