Forum layout

Couldn't find in preferences or settings but I'd like to be able to set the number of messages/replies per page. Now it looks like I'm reading on a click bait site where I have to get a new batch of messages (and adverts) way too often. I prefer 50-100 messages in one huge page whether on PC or phone. That way if I'm looking for a keyword in the entire post I just do a find and it searches the whole page. And seeing as this software is graphics light (yea) it loads fast.

And the quoted text is way too light (actually so is this text) for my old eyes if that can be configured, without making the entire message bold.

Thanks.

I just made some changes to make the overall comment text a little darker. I also fixed the fonts for the quotes, which I'd been meaning to do for awhile. And in addition to making quotes darker, I fixed the sizing/spacing of that text.

Edit: I also just changed the pagination to 10 comments per page. I think that's about as far as I'm going to push it. There are bandwidth considerations when going too high (not that this site is nearing any performance limits, but I still like to run a tight ship!). Unfortunately, there's no (easy) way to configure this as per user preference, and there's no way I'm going to push it to 50-100 per page for the entire site! :ohmy:

Edit2: I changed my mind. I lowered it to 8. Sorry, but at least that's still more than the default 6 (gotta take what you can get!). :wink:

I just gave a lengthy rambling reply and it crashed :slight_smile:

I'm going to bed now...

Warning
Your session has expired. Please log in again.

For me after taking to long to type my reply.

Sorry about that guys. I changed the session timeout to 60-minutes (up from 15-minutes), so now you have longer to draft your masterpieces! :slight_smile:

Seriously though, I know how frustrating that is to lose your work. Sorry!

"masterpieces"

I suspect you will soon see clear evidence that no good deed goes unpunished as the additional time will certainly result in the production of much longer masterpieces.

Perhaps a further feature enhancement could limit that. A sister of a friend of mine once wrote five short stories. Each story was limited to using a single vowel and perhaps we could use that method here by setting requirements that masterpieces exceedingly a predetermined word count be limited to using a single vowel. By tiering it so that the lengthiest masterpieces could only use the vowel found in the fewest number of words a practical self-governing mechanism would be created.

If you use FireFox based browsers, may I recommend LAZARUS addon? It has saved my butt so many times!
*Might be available on other browsers as well, but I use FF.

Okay, let's try this again in under 60 minutes I hope. I remember when the killer app was email so sometimes I treat a quick reply like a thesis.

My point/suggestion was to make the the topics appear via my setup/settings in one long page, not the comment in each topic if that didn't add too much to the CPU overhead. My case, I know there is a topic on Mint SIM (today there's another and not to fault the second one but can/should it be combined without causing too much mod pain) but where is it?

I have some info on Mint so I could search for the topic or just start another and compound the (my) perceived problem topic glut. As most know this type problem can get out of hand very fast, especially on the R+ forums where mods said they weren't supposed to combine discussions.

What I do on most of my forums is set the default page/topic limit high (eBay, Home Depot, Fatwallet, Slick Deals) so when I'm looking for something specific I can just do a CTRL-F to find it on the page. Works great especially for eBay. So now are we on the same page, so to speak? :slight_smile:

Thanks, that's good to know. Somewhere I have Notepad ++ which I think does autosave but having it on the browser might be even easier.

Would be nice to have the ability to save work, especially when moving to editor.
:slight_smile:

A dark theme would be really nice to have. :slight_smile: