Current terms of FreeUP?

Bravo, adding $0.01 did the trick, I wasn't sure what the minimum amount was to clear that message. I was getting the balance is low message the first outbound call each day until they moved my rewards balance to my account balance in the beginning of October.
As far as an email reminder, if you have Outlook for email, you could set reminder for next month. If you set it for about 3-5 days before the account renews then you don't have to worry about missing the 7 day window to renew the free service, I suspect a month is 30 days at FU.

Thanks Joeuser.
I've made a separate thread for the FU VM absurdity, and:

I use exactly ZERO internet apps made by M$, ever - what I do use for that function is here:

Now I just need to figure out how to date it correctly, somehow...trying this tool:

Made 3 reminders - and will see if they are enough to get the job done !!

FU is still peculiar. I just tested my Free plan and got the "add money" message. But when I tested it a few minutes later there was no such message. But of more interest is that I had .75 cents balance in the account and now it only shows .45 cents, so it looks as if it cost me .30 cents to get rid of the peculiar message rather than the .01 cent others are talking about. And why my account summary for my paid plan has shown that my next payment will be $16.31 for 7 or so months now is beyond my ken. And I'm afraid to ask CS why. Fortunately, I've only ever been charged the $15, which is the correct monthly payment. Hard to ignore so many riddles.:dry:

Maybe this irritating message is a ploy to get people on a paid plan rather like those free apps with ads where one must pay to get rid of the ads, a ploy that could backfire on FU.

It is painfully obvious that FU has yet to mature (if ever ?!?) and is crawling with bugs.

Making this more urgent is their offshored 'support', as well as their phone folks obviously not connecting well with their actual ticket answering 'tech' folks.

Their site insists upon starting with their absurd animation, which apparently messes up firefox and requires a chrooome based browser - which makes it a nuisance for firefox users.

Their 'support' had added the .01 credit to my account to quiet the nuisance message before - and now other 'support' there has removed it - a great help, yes ?!?

I am still waiting for their geniuses to reset my VM and it is obvious that their most recent form reply was inserted by someone who is not a native english speaker.

In their recent reply they showed me this line:
"PROMO FREE Starter Rate Plan" - which hopefully does NOT mean they plan to make it go away whilst keeping a name which so prominently insists upon it being FREE.

Hopefully I can either get this mess sorted well enough and/or just tolerate it until the Redpocket BF special kicks in...
Thus far I have wasted far too much time just to get this minimal service

I only had the message about a low balance come up on the first outbound call each day, until my rewards balance transferred. The good news is my calls always completed after the silly message, so I ignored the messages. Most of the users that had FU service for more than a couple months had rewards money, so the message went away for them as well once the rewards money transferred to the balance. It appears FU is only free game in town for ATT service without using VOIP like freedompop.

Surge is another free offering 1000 min/ 4000 texts / 1000 mb but they use T-mobile. But surge requires an app to be installed on your phone (possibly stealing my contacts, etc), I just don't know. Plus there's a hassle each month to renew the service. Trust me, Free Up is easier if free service is a requirement. Free Up is still great for the glovebox with only a simple on-line renewal step once a month.

Hi Joeuser & thanks.
I didn't bother with it when the rewards thing was on...figuring it would be just another deal like CN has turned out to be.
Right now I'm just waiting for their disjointed 'support' to get back with me after they & their CS have managed to screw things up for me a couple of times already.

In Vermont there is exactly zero TMobile or Sprint due to the state's tariffs allowing only 2 providers, period.

The renewal step had me making a reminder email already - but as I've explained above:
Hopefully I can either get this mess sorted well enough and/or just tolerate it until the Redpocket BF special kicks in...for really cheap & good AT&T based services with zero hassles.

Well, another day passed with unresponsive & nonsensical exchanges with FU support.
They demand more info (which was already provided...) then go home for the day without fixing stuff.
This has been the same for 2 days+ already, along with the wasted effort of calling their phone support which has difficulty with using english, apparently.
We'll see what tomorrow may bring ?!?