Chrome Remote Desktop

For anyone who wants to have a way to help friends and family with anything tech related on their machines remotely, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS.

https://remotedesktop.google.com/support/

I feel slightly slow because I only found out about the existence of this today, and I am so glad I did.

I am also glad I can remotely log in to any of my own machines using my google account. Life is pretty great

I was even about to pay money for this feature with other services, but here comes google to save the day.

I just hope my friend(s) and family don't find out about this nice program. Just kidding--- I can now brick their machines in person or remotely. Anyway, thanks for the heads up. Google is sometimes your friend.

Also, Teamviewer and Anydesk free for non-commercial use.

Been using it for years.

Very useful.

Chrome Remote Desktop is very useful. In addition to this, you can also try Teamviewer and Anydesk

TeamViewer seems to randomly declare commercial use and limit use.

Never for me

it did that to me. so I uninstalled it and I installed AnyDesk!

Connecting via the big G would not ever be my 1st choice, but:
Been using Anydesk for years & it is truly wonderful.
(Teamviewer creates other system level nuisances which showed me to ditch using it - not worth the bother.)

yes. AD is fine

you mean the popup that popups after every session?

Hi DST11.

In reply to your query, my experiences with TV went like so=>

1. It is super version-fussy.
I was attempting to help a distant, elderly friend by using it a while back.
My PC was using windows at that time, his using Linux - and it became quite impossible to connect because TV refused doing so until & unless his was changed to a newer version, which of course I could not help with remotely from over 100 miles away without a working connection !!

2. Unacceptable system overhead.
In using it to support a business client, it was the ONLY option for allowing access to a s/w vendor to fix the installation of their product, so, knowing it would be a one-off deal, I used the portable version of it that time.
After they'd successfully fixed their product & disconnecting from them, I carefully looked for, and found an amazing amount of 'leftovers' not only in temp locations - but also in the registry, user profile AND the 'all users' profile, meaning:
Despite it being the official portable, it was NOT truly portable and did zero cleaning up after itself when finished.

3. Truly nothing special about TV that justifies using it.
Either the free version of Anydesk, or using any sort of VNC via OpenVPN gives a much cleaner solution.

4. My personal conclusion:
I classify TV as 'krapware' due to its overly commercial nature & the poor ways in which it makes demands of the users & systems.

HTH !!

PS:
As I may have mentioned before - neither myself, nor anyone whom I assist are Chrome users & giving that much access and/or trust via 'freebies' from the big G is mostly the basis of that choice.