Cellnuvo ABUSE

Small claims must be filed in the jurisdiction of the defendent not the plaintiff?

The following are some exceptions to the general rule that a case must be filed and heard in a court located within the county (and area of court location, if applicable) where the defendant resides:

Automobile accidents - The claim may be heard either (a) within the county and the area of court location in which the accident occurred, or (b) within the county and the area of court location in which the defendant resides. (In this situation, as with many others, there may be more than one court in which an action can properly be filed.)
Contract - The claim may be heard in the county or area of court location in which the contract was entered into, where the contract was to be performed by the defendant, unless the claim arises from a consumer purchase.
Consumer purchase (claim by seller) - A claim to enforce a debt arising from a consumer purchase can be filed only in the county or area of court location (1) where the consumer signed the contract, (2) where the consumer resided when the contract was signed, (3) where the consumer resided when the action was filed, or (4) where goods purchased on installment credit are installed or permanently kept.
Consumer purchase (claim by buyer) - An action also can be filed in localities (1), (2), or (3) immediately above by the consumer against a business firm that provided the consumer with goods, consumer services, or consumer credit. An action also can be filed by the consumer in any of those locations if the suit is based on a purchase that results from an unsolicited telephone call made by the seller to the buyer (including a situation where a buyer responds by a telephone call or electronic transmission).

***Historically, Chicago has been known for having some persuasive individual citizens who one might contract with to persuade Tom into paying what he owes CN users. If CN users pay one of these individuals as a group, the cost could be reasonable. :huh: (This is a Joke)

Short answer. Yes

Never liked this rule. If they reverse it would stop people like Tom from using others and disappearing.

I assume it is to stop useless claims.

Imagine if a company got 100 small claims from pissed off customers and had to send someone to all the different states. If they were innocent. Then customers could use it to harass a company.

Or de udder way 'round, yeah ?? :

(And...not only Chicago.) ((No joke.))

Seems iffy, but there may be an app for that.

Link NOT broke

Ha! When you mentioned "there may be an app for that," I thought you referring to contracting with Chicago person who is adept at breaking fingers, which I doubt there is, though one never knows. But, yes, the "DoNotPay" app which is helping the little guys or nobodies in the world sue, via small claims court, Goliaths such as Equifax is a promising free way to do so, though I would think it would be of little help if one must go to a courthouse in Chicago to plead one's case.

Link broke for me. Due to being very very WEAK

Odd the links work for everyone else. Must be something related to your equipment.

lol "Rent A Thug." Imagine that.

Maybe my anti linky app is working just right :slight_smile:

If that's the case and you're using an app to purposely disable your ability to be redirected, why do you keep posting, "link broken?" When you do that, it gives the impression there is actually something faulty going on with the link. Please don't do that.

Lol you been hanging out on the crazy board too long. You can't take a joke. The one where you are happy to talk/hangout with the fake Lexus. Then have the nerve to speak morals to me.

Your links are not working for me. Got it?

Now stop hijacking my threads. Please don't do that

I'm sorry but it's not your thread. TOS state, "If You feel that any of Your intellectual property rights have been infringed or otherwise violated by the posting of information or media by another of Our users, please contact Us and let Us know."

I agree with tech-stitch. Be best.

I started this thread. Stay on topic or go to another thread or start your own thread. Or better yet go talk to the fake Lexus which you approve of on Reddit.

What's the topic?

Seems the topic is about abuse: who is the abuser and who is the abused.

It would also seem that one KBOrtega is taking a lot of abuse at the moment. And the person doing it, doesn't realize. Or doesn't care.

Not a role model.

This is why we can't have nice things.

For those still feeling salty about the state CN (aka Tom) has left us in, I suggest everyone screenshot everything you have that's app-related. Send a letter (certified) to the Chicago office specifying what you want to have this resolved. See if you receive a reply. At minimum, you'll be able to verify whether they still exist.

“Bullying has its root cause in the need for adoration. If adoration is not fulfilled, the bully seeks to control a group through deceit and punishment of the individual who is perceived as being Non-Conforming. Adoration is a form of comfort. Take away the comfort, you dis-empower the bully.”
― Deborah Bravandt

“If you don't fit in someone's circle, it's because they're afraid you'll become the ring leader.”
― Richie Norton