Boost Moto E-2nd gen isn't compatible with Sprint?

So I was thinking of going with VennMobile, so I checked their (i.e. Sprint's) BYOD checker. It shows my Moto E-2nd gen as incompatible. So I checked Tello, and it passes Tello's BYOD checker. I'm puzzled.

This Moto E2 was originally a Boost phone but was never used on Boost. I used it on RingPlus instead. Would have been nice to have it pass Sprint's check, just in case I decided to go with VennMobile sometime in the future.

Any ideas appreciated. TIA.

Unlike Tello, it appears Venn Mobile may require phones with sim cards to use their service. EDIT: Just looked and Moto E2 does appear to have a sim card--so my bad.

Venn Mobile: "Can I activate my own Sprint SIM card with your service?
Great question! The choice is yours. You may either purchase a SIM card though Vennmobile, or you may bring your own SIM."

Please note: Should you choose to bring your own SIM, it MUST meet the following two criteria:

1. It MUST be Sprint branded (not co-branded/MVNO)
  2. It MUST be new and unused.

The SIM card will not work if these conditions are not met.

The option to choose whether to use your own SIM or purchase one through Vennmobile is asked during signup.

Previously RingPlus phones will work on any Sprint mvno but not on Sprint Mothership.
VennMobile is reselling Sprint Business lines (possibly improperly) so only Sprint phones or unlocked phones and no Boost phones (meaning branding).

Venn Mobile has a Samsung Galaxy J3 for sale for $30 w/plan on their site, which must be compatible.

johnsmith writes:
[/quote]
Previously RingPlus phones will work on any Sprint mvno but not on Sprint Mothership.
VennMobile is reselling Sprint Business lines (possibly improperly) so only Sprint phones or unlocked phones and no Boost phones (meaning branding).
[/quote]
I suspect that johnsmith is correct about phone eligibility. (Although I have no opinion about whether or not Venn's plans are sanctioned by Sprint.)
For certain, Venn's suggested path for Bring Your Own Phone test defaults to Sprint Postpaid's tester. Boost/Virgin, etc., phones will not clear that test. I'm guessing, as is johnsmith, that that is by design, and not an error. (A followup inquiry with Venn might be worth it, though.)

The section that Isamorph quote's from Venn's FAQ is even stranger:
"Please note: Should you choose to bring your own SIM, it MUST meet the following two criteria:

1. It MUST be Sprint branded (not co-branded/MVNO)
  2. It MUST be new and unused.
    The SIM card will not work if these conditions are not met."

Those two requirements have never, to the best of my knowledge, ever applied anywhere within the Sprint network. Again, I have no idea if they're accurate, or if Venn is just trying to encourage purchase of a new SIM . My test of a Sprint Postpaid phone on the Venn-recommended Sprint BYOD test page passes, as anticipated. It's used Sprint SIM card also passes on the Sprint BYOD test page, as anticipated.

(EDIT: TO ADD: I went through the process of picking up a plan, and entering the IMEI and ICCID of that previously-used Sprint Postpaid phone and used (but not currently active) SIM on Venn's order page. Their system didn't object to it, and was ready for me to check out.)

Venn is run by the same people as Teltik and now defunct Harbor Mobile... they have had issues with reselling business plans before... both with ATT and TMobile at different times under different names.

I did the same when the plan was first offered to know what my options were that's why I said what I did.
That's why I like you and Chelle so much: you tend to speak from knowledge and personal experience as I prefer to as well.
:slight_smile:

Hopefully Teltik will stay in the good graces of T-Mobile. My employees really like their plans and would hate to give them up. :slight_smile: