Beast Mobile

My Free Beast Line is Suspended Cannot call out or receive calls Data Don't seem to work either. My guess is that app that suppose to be installed? Never received a message regarding this so called app.I'm not going to worry about it. If the line gets disconnected i'll just throw the sim away.

I wouldn't even necessarily mind the app (if they would ever activate either of my sims in the first place), depending; I'd still have a Surgephone line if they hadn't made it impractical for me to earn enough points to keep it going...but distributing it this way, and from dropbox, definitely seems sketchy as heck.

Any one knows how to port out from Beast Mobile lol, I want to port out to Walmart's Freedompop free plan lol

Great they suspended me also, not even full 24 hours of notice. I can't make calls or use data anymore. Oh well paid $20 and used it for 4 months, alright I guess?

Stackkong: I lasted 7 mos on 20.00. Just waiting for them to permanently cancel my sim I’ll just throw it away

I have not gotten the notice yet, nor have I been cut off. Anyone else like me here? Maybe this is being phased in and I'm lucky to not be in the first batch.

I had emailed them and they told me

I put SIM card in Android phone and told them that, lets see what happens.

Do you think they will give me like Port Out information if I ask lol, let me try that if they don't re-activate my service

I did get the notice on all three lines but none of them have been cut off as of yet. When was the 'first batch'? I activated two in mid July last year and one in early August.

I emailed them like screenshots of app installed in my phone and IMEI of the phone (to show the SIM is now in android phone) and they restored the service for now.

I'm mid or 3rd week July also. There were some who activated before me but I think all were July. I don't know if anyone activated in June but I don't think so

Care to share any details re the app.? What it does or asks you to do? Types of permissions asked for or mandatory?

ETA: Anyone else loaded the app?

I activated my line on August 6, although I received my SIM about two weeks earlier. I still haven't gotten a text from Beast. I'm waiting for the shoe to drop.

Are all your lines used actively on Android phones or iPhones?

@Stackkong and @echance20: both of you were suspended. did you have your SIMs on iPhones ? I'm now conjecturing that suspensions are thus far being limited to iPhone users. For android users, maybe they are waiting to see if any info is getting returned to them via the app.

Bingyee: I am using iphone I emailed customer support and the replied asking for android imei and active sim. They will send link for app to restore free service. I replied no android i have iphone will see what happens next ill post update.

All of my lines are on Android phones.

Update: I’m told by reply that free service is for android phones only. New one on me. Once my sim gets fully deactivated I’ll throw it away

Final Update my Beast service is now disconnected

Somewhere, there's probably somebody who got around 16 months of free service..

File a complaint with the FCC. FCC complaints can be filed at https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=38824 and will be effective in getting this issue resolved. Check 'Privacy' as the reason for complaint and frame it as - Beast has just started restricting the use of iPhones because they want you to download their privacy-violating app that can only be downloaded on Android - that too not via the Google Play Store, but through their own private Dropbox site.

I've done some research on the app and It's an invasive launcher app called Weather Port. It is available in the Play Store but I think the Beast/FreeMo verison is a modified version.

Thanks sblake5.
I guess this is the play store version?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.weatherport.android
Permissions listed there are microphone & location, who knows w/Beast version.
Quick scan of reviews there seem to complain about ads & that, as you mentioned, the app is a launcher that takes over your phone's home screen.
Have you seen mention of other problems or permissions issues? Saw some mention it doesn't show up on phone's installed apps list so need to use play store to uninstall it (something that would not be available to us if we installed the Beast/Dropbox version).
https://www.weatherport.co
Has some pretty explicit uninstall instructions (again, who knows re Beast version). I suppose that the "deal of the day" & "sweepstakes" sections there may hint at some of the ads served.
According to the website this is the group behind the app
https://innovergrp.com
Innover Group,
Suite 2409,
Everbright Centre,
108 Gloucester Road,
Wanchai,
Hong Kong

Yes, the is the play store version. A couple of the comments there say that it has ads and takes over your homescreen. I imagine the Beast version also tracks. If loaded from dropbox, you would not be able to find it in you google play installed apps. You could still uninstall it from your phone. I have no intention of installing that app. So far, my lines are still active.