AT&T $250 for switchers

Get a $250 AT&T Visa Reward Card when you Bring Your Own Smartphone to AT&T
When you order online, activate service on your existing smartphone and port-in a new line, get a $250 AT&T Visa Reward Card

Limited time. Online only.
You'll need to:
Bring your own (“BYO”) compatible, unlocked smartphone.
Add a new line to a new or existing account and port-in an existing number from another carrier.
Activate postpaid wireless service (voice and data).
Redeem Reward Card within 75 days of receiving email or letter with redemption instructions (must maintain active service for at least 45 days to receive instructions and until fulfillment).
After all that you'll get:
$250 AT&T Visa Reward Card (delivered 3-4 weeks after redemption)
Important Notes:
Limit two Reward Cards per account.
BYO device must be a smartphone; tablets not included. Some phone features may not work on AT&T network.
To qualify for Reward Card, wireless line must remain active on your BYO smartphone and in good standing for 45 days. You will receive an email or letter with redemption requirements after qualifying. Redemption is required within 75 days from reward notification email or mail date.
You must maintain qualifying service through reward fulfillment.
Reward Card expires at month-end 6 months after issuance.
For Cardholder Agreement, go to rewardcenter.att.com.
AT&T Visa Reward Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. and can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted in the United States, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico. No cash access. The Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC.
General service details:
Offers may not be combinable with other offers, discounts or credits.
Pricing, promotions, programming, terms and restrictions subject to change and may be modified or terminated at any time without notice.
Wireless service subject to Wireless Customer Agreement (att.com/wca).
Additional monthly fees and taxes: Apply per line and include Regulatory Cost Recovery Fee (Up to $1.50), Administrative Fee ($1.99) and other fees which are not government-required surcharges as well as taxes. Additional one-time Fees may apply. Usage, speed, coverage and other restrictions apply. See Terms of Service - Legal Policy Center - AT&T for more details.
Other restrictions apply and may result in service termination.
AT&T service is subject to AT&T network management policies. See AT&T Broadband Internet Access Services for details. International and domestic off-net data may be at 2G speeds.

What is the cheapest single line plan that qualifies for this offer?
After taxs & fees I'm guessing $40-$50/mo.?

I did this deal during the summer. There are a lot of problems with opening a new account with AT&T - something about their credit check system not fully verifying my identity and address when done online. You can go to a store but that means paying an extra $30/line activated, and the reward has to be done manually by the store rep. based on the order number that was rejected. There are lots of similar experiences reported on Slickdeals and Reddit.

I did the deal with 2 throwaway lines because I wanted to test out some things about AT&T's postpaid unlock policy. The phones I brought over were an iPhone SE that has an unpaid finance balance from a previous owner and a Galaxy J3 bought on prepaid that was never used. I thought maybe the phones would be eligible for unlock after being put on a new AT&T postpaid account. AT&T did not approve my unlock requests. But I still wound up making about $240 in the process. I cancelled by lines on the day the unlock requests were denied, which happened to be the last day of my 2nd billing cycle.

Their minimal mobile share plan gives you 3GB of shared data at about $40/line for 2 lines not including taxes. If you only do 1 line, it's $50 plus taxes for that line. I paid about $95/month for 2 months when I did this deal over the summer.

I was able to port 2 lines in. Credit check was not a problem. However, when I tried to activate the SIM and port in, I tried 'SIM only' and 'phone' and both gave me error messages... somehow, though, it was successful in porting. I am on AT&T now, very good signal in my house. I guess this will covers 4-5 mo of service.

Activated Oct 2, it's past 45 days now, no email/no snail mail of rebate?!?

Did this and already got our cards. It took about 3 or 4 days from the email to receive the cards. I was surprised the entire thing showed up that fast and that the codes were received that fast to start the process. Disappointingly, the performance was and is way under when compared to Visible on our area. In fact, I had to resort to Visible for working remotely several times while we did not have cable. City performance was another story although we did ran into issues with upload speeds (less than 1 mbps on both an Iphone and a moto phone). Hope you get yours soon!

New Plans. Budget Conscious @ 30.00 5GB. Super Value @ 40.00 15 GB. No auto pay discount for these plans. T&T unlimited on both these plans

This is on the prepaid plan page, not eligible for the $250 BYOD switcher promo.