Anyone else notice split pot larger

I understand wanting to obfuscate total plays in the game. I'm not following how the pot
didn't half. Its kind of like the lottery but in the case of this game there is always a winning
ticket... so half the pot has to be put aside in case that person does end up claiming it.

I know in the case of the lottery there is a time limit as to when you can claim a prize.. the
same thing probably should be done here.

I am leaning towards a glitch. Seems it did not reset. I hope cellnuvo make good to the winner

I'm leaning towards a glitch, too. If they don't realize it, and they do a reward for the earlier game, there's a 50% chance (rough) that no one will win tomorrow. (Random number generator normally spanning from 0 to last-number-drawn, but 0-4200 won't exist as drawn numbers.)

I don't think CN cares if we ponder how many users there are-- anyway, with no starting over at 1, it just means watching numbers for 2 consecutive days to get the same info.

Any guesses as to what happens in 50 minutes? Sounds like KentE thinks the pot has a 50% chance of growing. I think
pot doesn't half and numbers don't roll over. Just keeps on keeping on.

It's either a glitch or CellNuvo is adding to the Split Pot of the jackpots that hasn't been claimed yet.

I think.....
A number was posted yesterday as "winning".
The pot didn't get halved.
So 2 possibilities?
The winning number will be selected only from those #s above roughly 4200, and life goes on. ()but with a potentially oversized pot for the day).
Or: the winning number will be selected from 1- [today's last entry #], in which case there's a 50% chance the winning # will be from the group of entry #'s that doesn't exist in today's # pool......

Hope you are correct. I missed by one number and have not won once. So a bigger win would be nice

Well, as EDIT [strike]Sargeant Shultz used to say in that old sitcom Hogan's Heroes[/strike], Arte Johnson used to say in the old comedy series Laugh In, "Vehhhhly Interestinkg!" Looks like the winner got over 10K silver AND today's pot is starting out bigger to boot.

My best guesses as to why? Well, either CN is trying to increase interest in the jackpot (something many around here have been lobbying for), or their software still has a glitch that hasn't been fixed.

Any other hypotheses out there? Inquiring minds want to know... :slight_smile:

Sargeant Shultz " I saw nothing, nothing"

I'm losing interest in swiping. More people downloading latest app equals more competition for a pot. Rarely win. Never won a big match pot. Never won a split pot. I'd rather have bigger paying ads without these pots.

" Rest assured that Silver added to the Match-All-Pot does NOT reduce the Silver you earn when you watch an ad. It is additional Silver - This Match-All-Pot is a bonus so you can get more Silver faster."

Come on

You have a point

Did you email Tom?

But intermittent reward is where it's at! ;p

It would be more "where it's at" if I was mittently (?) the one receiving the intermittent reward.... :slight_smile:

ok time for some more weirdness... these are two of the phones I run.
Anyone notice any strangeness with what these two phones indicate
about yesterday's game?

So the image called screenshot I think might be the bunk one. This
is my main phone and I notice that I was swiping right when the game
would reset and I got a contest # of 0. I thought hmm that's interesting
that they start from zero like that. I was kind of mindlessly swiping and I
noticed almost immediately I had a full list of 20 plays for today's game.
I mean this happened within 2 or three minutes of the game rolling over so
I think this phone might be reporting the results from the game before last.

Another possibility is that two drawings were made for the game today with
each person winning half the pot. This still would't explain how this phone would
immediately have a full play card though. Again the thing was filled out within
a couple minutes even faster than I think I could even physically swipe or faster
than even swiped video length would allow me to be done.

Wondering if people who use multiple phones would check their results and see if
they see discrepancies like this between multiple phones. I'm assuming people
know that if you click on the area of the main screen where the current value of
the daily split-the-pot total is... you'll get the results from yesterday's game and
your game #'s for today

weird, Draucon. My 2 phones both show the contest winner 2109.
I notice in your other phone, all your entries are lower than the winning #447.
One of my phones has some entries lower than 447, but later entries up to 1372.
So you may be right that there are 2 contests yesterday.......with a reset somewhere between 447-1372.

(EDIT TO ADD: oh, darn, that doesn't work either-- both of your phones have all entries below 447......)

Yeah KentE,

I think my first thought that it was just a bug on the phone was correct. I think the phone immediately
showed a full slate of plays for the day so I think it was reporting the previous day's results. I'm
including a screenshot that shows at least according to cellnuvo I didn't play the split the pot game yesterday
which yesterday's screenshot clearly shows I did.

So I'm thinking there might be some edge case scenarios if you are really quick at swiping right after
the game resets for the day. Again I do remember my first game number being 0 and then that's when
craziness ensued.

Hey Draucon, If this gives you any comfort, the same thing happened to me on more than one occasion. The affected phone would just entirely skip the "ticket" earning process, and consequently not participate in the next day drawing... Until you pointed this out, I was just ignoring it. I think, you're right, that it has to do with swiping right at the game resets time. From now on I will just avoid swiping at that time, and keep an eye on it. If it happens at any other time, I'll let you know.

I have gotten contest entry #1 before, but never seen that #0. An interesting one to watch out for!

Looks like 5:00 PM (Pacific Daylight Time) is the new Witching Hour!