Any tips for Florida Keys?

I'm going to be in Florida in early April. I'm planning to spend 2 days and nights in the Florida Keys.

Am doing research right now but if anyone has any pointers, it would be great. Scenic, uncrowded beaches with warm water and great restaurants are what we're after.

Nothing?!!!

Well I've done my research and have a general plan for the entire week which allowed me to book the flights.

Now need to firm up the itinerary and accommodation for the Keys portion of this trip. Have complicated it by coming up with the idea that having a convertible would be good while in the Keys. Now I have to figure out the logistics of that with regards to luggage.

Charter a boat to see the real Keys,
Start off at alabama jacks,
stopping off for a snorkel/ dive with captain Slate at Christ of the abyss, geat coral reefs at looe key national marine sanctuary., luxurious decadence at little palm island resort, Pizza. pool. and beer at no name pub, wild experience @monkey island and for a topper up after seeing the keys on your hands and knees@ the green parrot,. stop in at stock island for breakfast at the free beer tomorrow pub on stock island.
ps. pls drive carefully as the key are home to the endangered key deer
thks.

Thanks for that!

Before the Keys portion of the trip, I need to drive from the Tampa area to Miami.

From the point of view of scenery, should I take:

• I-75 all the way
  • Florida Turnpike

Google is saying the Turnpike will take 30 minutes longer between my travel points. Mileage is identical. I think we'd be setting off between 11am and noon.

If you've got time, and the manatees are still in, check out the manatee viewing center, before you head down.
Manatee Viewing Center
In St Pete we've got the chihuly glass center http://www.moreanartscenter.org/chihuly/ and the Dali museum. which recently hosted an MC Escher exhibit..
On I-75 on the way down stop off at the Edison house if you are a history , science/ technology buff. During the great debate over using 110 or 12 v (Tesla) power years ago, Edison favored 110 because, among other factors, it was more efficient for electrocuting criminals.
If you elect to take the turnpike back, stop off in Yeehaw Junction at the historic Desert Inn restaurant for a meal.
Cheers!