10 days now and no response from CN about my gold redemption?!?!?!

anyone else with the same issue?

They responded to me with the survey issue with in a couple of days. Maybe they did not get your email? Have you used that email to talk to them in past. I had certain emails not work with them.

When you say no response about gold redemption... what are you trying to do?

Usually if you make a bill payment to a provider using gold or make a phone installment then CN don't contact you. It usually just gets paid and the gold deducts from your balance. For 10 days it seems there is a problem and you need to contact them. Maybe they didn't receive the request or there was an error in details erentered or an error on CN's end who knows?

Are you trying to buy another phone or a redpocket annual plan or something?

Also try settings>account info>refresh info
as doing that sometimes makes the payment appear in your store purchase history if it has been processed.

I have 12 days delay so far, and I guess this is new normal.
I had response from CN on day of submitting:

Thanks! We've received your request- phone orders can take 7-10 days to process. You will receive an email back from us letting you know when it has processed, along with an Amazon order number. Have a great day!

Interesting - could you please let us know what happens as the wording sounds like they are no longer sending out gift cards but ordering the phone on our behalf??

Yes, that would be a significant change, and useful to know. Hopefully Zev161 or someone else with a recent phone order can let us know.
I know a few folks here have bought a different phone than the one they originally requested-- not terribly unusual, I would think, since models are continuously being introduced-- and discontinued-- and desires can change over the period of months it might take to finish the deposits. I know it's possible to request a phone change from support, but if direct purchases are being done by CN now, that would be a necessity rather than an option.

Yes there are actually a lot of good reasons for the gift card route eg:

-What if you need to exchange or return the phone? If you ordered yourself that would be easy.
-What about buying discounted amazon prime only phones?
-What about adding screen protectors, cases etc? eg buy a $250 phone and add $50 of accessories to a $300 gold order.
-Price changes would be easier to get matched if you order yourself.
-The time lag looks significant. If I ordered myself I'd have it within a few days rather than 3 weeks.
-It would also be significantly more work for cellnuvo to do the ordering/deal with returns which puts a drain on support resources
etc

Ditto. I was literally going to say the same thing. It's not worth it for them to deal with ordering phones.

I put in for a red pocket plan annual yesterday. 249 +5 shipping. Their response was some as above. Also they took out the payment from my gold.

CellNUVOToday 10:03 AM

Thanks! We've received your request- orders can take 7-10 days to process. You will receive an email back from us letting you know when it has processed, along with an Amazon order number. Have a great day!

My redemption request for the Amazon gift card is 11 days old. If I get it, I'll let you know. I got the same response:

"Thanks! We've received your request- phone orders can take 7-10 days to process. You will receive an email back from us letting you know when it has processed, along with an Amazon order number. Have a great day!"

I'm pushing 12 days now....

Cellnuvo support confirmed they don't do the ordering. Still the same gift card system.

What has changed is the extra time for processing.

business days?

No, the email never stated business days tho.

How'd you confirm this?

Why do they need 7 to 10 days for Amazon when carriers take 1 to 2 days?

Email to support. Got back to me in a couple of hours. Have you emailed them to ask what is happening to your redemption since it has been 12 days?

Thought you already bought a phone though via cellnuvo?

They said they're backed up. Not sure what that means

Happy to report, I received my Amazon gift card on September 28th, 22 days after my request.

I have to admit that is just obscene. You wait 6 months then as if that is not long enough. You have to wait almost another month