ZTE Blade V8 Pro Dual Camera Unlocked Smartphone (5.5" Black, 32GB Storage 3GB R

Just saw this phone deal on "Woot" for $115, which may be a good deal for someone who's looking for a dual sim phone: ZTE Blade V8 Pro Dual Camera Unlocked Smartphone (5.5" Black, 32GB Storage 3GB RAM) US Warranty

Newegg.com - Woot! 😂 40% OFF Select Video Games & Accessories + 70% OFF Select Software-EMC-012718-Index--E0C-_-feature2&et_cid=40961&et_rid=13920130&et_p1=&email64=bW9vcmUuc3RlcGhlbjQ3QGdtYWlsLmNvbQ==

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875705062&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=EXPRESS012718&cm_mmc=EMC-EXPRESS012718--EMC-012718-Index--CellPhonesUnlocked-_-75705062-S0A&ignorebbr=1

Other phones worthy of consideration:

https://www.amazon.com/BLU-Life-One-X3-Smartphone/dp/B0784VB4JX

It always shocks me to imagine paying $100 or more for a phone - probably because if all the mobile phone usage for the 2 of us here is added up, it would likely still be less than a single average user.

Specifically regarding Blu phones - their greatest feature IMO is that they arrive unlocked.
Aside of that - after having 2 used ones from C7 & a brand new one that cost the most of any phone I've ever bought - I will not buy another of that brand.

The goal was to use the TF GSM along with a FP SIM for data only - and no matter what tricks were tried that was a bust - no fault of the maker - just a disappointment.

Here's why I'll not buy another Blu phone:
[ol]
[li]They lack in durability and are known for early failures of the buttons & charging jacks;[/li]
[li]Their charging jacks do not allow them to be used with standard cradles;[/li]
[li]Battery life has been very poor on those I've tried[/li]
[/ol]
That's enough for me - I've been badly 'spoiled' by the really great LG phones I guess !!

Just note this phone won't see android 7 or 8 officially

I still think the honor 7x or moto g5 plus are the best budget phones. Or the E4 for those wanting to spend $100 or less

Yuk, yuk, yuk - I personally still prefer ICS or Kitkat - and can somewhat tolerate an unlocked, rooted device with Lollipop at a stretch - and as to those newer versions...:unsure:

You are living in the dark ages :stuck_out_tongue:

Then call me a luddite if you wish - but:
For a career tech to also be a luddite seems a bit mysterious ?!?

Too much protecting the users from themselves is ongoing these days and the newer versions of Android lock down too much stuff for the levels of bare-bones functionality that I prefer.

Good old XP running as a guest OS under a very new distro of Linux is about my speed - and Android has drifted a bit too far from its Linux roots in the newer versions from what I can tell.

The good news for me ??:
Most likely my existing devices will last longer than my probable life span, so I can get done with this lifetime (whenever I do) whilst not having to battle with intransigent OSes again, EVER !!!

Just joking with you. It is fine to prefer older versions. There are many things these days that get updated far too often and seem to be getting worse and not better. Not just tech eg it is upsetting when you find a pair of running shoes you like and by the time you need a new pair it has gone through several revisions and doesn't fit right any more etc etc.

Yep.
In my youth & 1st married we got a 'frig & other perfectly good, OLD, well-used hand-me-down appliances from our families to help us get started.

But nowadays ?!?

What with the IOT it is now possible to have no choice but to replace major purchases as the results of a virus infecting their OS or the chips it runs on...new cars infected with Spectre, anyone ??
(https://www.cnet.com/news/spectre-meltdown-intel-arm-amd-processor-cpu-chip-flaw-vulnerability-faq/)

How long will it be until those nice running shoes are 'chipped' like coffee pods or stinkjet refills to go only so many miles before self-destructing via a command from their hidden OS ?!?!?!?!?

Meh.

LOL Maybe manufacturers are lusting after the good old days of the Vega and the Pinto.
BTW I still use the first Fridge my grandparents had.
My repair tool of choice for sails is my old Singer from the late 1800's retrofitted with an external zig-zag that must have been designed by someone on a great LSD trip.
It's impossible to use without busting a gut laughing.

Cllector's items now, to be sure:

I suspect there are many who would dispute assertions of sturdiness aimed at those 2 as opposed to say, the older Dodge Darts with the original slant-6 engines !!

Rugged, durable qualities...now mostly forgotten:

Wow !! Was it (or is it still...) a treadle-powered machine ??

My old favourite ain't nearly so old - a mere 40 or so years old actually - the Singer Touch 'n' Sew.
Much to my amazement a young couple had been given a pristine one & decided they didn't want it, so they put it by the road with its very nice table & all the original attachments in their original boxes.
I'd have tied it to the roof of the car if'n I'd had to - but luckily it fit inside !!
(And just in case you're curious - yes I am male and yes I can sew and fix the machine as well if needed - some men ARE actually quite self-sufficient, amazing as that may be.)

You might enjoy the adventures of Halifax the cat aboard a small boat in the Arctic winter. ' North to the Night" .it is quite a tail if you are into self sufficiency

My old favourite ain't nearly so old - a mere 40 or so years old actually - the Singer Touch 'n' Sew.
Much to my amazement a young couple had been given a pristine one & decided they didn't want it, so they put it by the road with its very nice table & all the original attachments in their original boxes.
I'd have tied it to the roof of the car if'n I'd had to - but luckily it fit inside !!
(And just in case you're curious - yes I am male and yes I can sew and fix the machine as well if needed - some men ARE actually quite self-sufficient, amazing as that may be.)

Good on you mate:slight_smile:

Looks like you can get it for $49 at some walmarts YMMV

https://slickdeals.net/f/11259943-zte-blade-v8-pro-unlocked-ymmv-49?

Out of stock in my area. :frowning:

Yes always works out that way!

Them there chinese be so cunning.