What's the ROI on CellNUVO?

If I read correctly, the intention is that you'll be able to buy phones with Gold.

Which I presume means you can't do so with Silver.

I predict that if and when phones are for sale, they are going to be quite expensive.

That's like saying you can buy phones with $20 bills, but not with $10 bills.

I have it under good authority that phones will probably cost around the retail price and that 1 gold will probably equal $1. It wouldn't surprise me if it was a little more but it won't be outrageously more. So say a new iphone 8 at $699. I would see the price being in the range 700-750 gold with up to 800 gold being a slight possibility but no more. Not sure how tax and shipping will factor into things but I've ignored it for this illustration.

Maybe they will do a true $1 for 1 gold. Or even be able to negotiate a group discount to lower the price of phones. Who knows. The price could be better than I imagine.

Many of us will have our 'original load' of money on our red pocket accounts expire in the next few days. Anyone have a clue how we can re-charge them? I've emailed CN and RP several times this question, but never received a response. I did do an online chat with a RP rep and he just said "use your own money and re-charge your account".

Thanks for sharing that experience-- I imagine it might keep a lot of folks from having to try the same steps.
I would really hope that refilling with cash won't be a necessity. How do you anticipate an expiration date on the original allotment? (Sorry, I don't remember.) Possibly CN will ignore the expiration date if they're not ready to allow us to use our gold.

If you go to My Red Pocket and log in it tells you how many min/text/data you have left and when it expires. Mine expires Sept. 24

From what people have said your only option is to email cellnuvo support and they will replenish for you. At least so they say.

I suspect that the phones you can get will be limited to those supplied by Red Pocket.

Supposed to be a wide range including "top of the line" phones from samsung and apple. It is what we requested and cellnuvo are going to make it happen . I imagine they have an external supplier for the phones.

Certainly one of the more unique things coming out of cellnuvo.

Nothing like having your emergency phone through a company that lost service for a month.

I just watched a 15 second straight talk video and was awarded a huge ONE silver. It disgusted me.

Same here. And you can't back out of the ad either.

I'm pretty sure that Red Pocket has never had such an outage. Are you aware of one?

Once a line is activated, CellNUVO will just be a payment mechanism.

I try not to feed the trolls but others might read this thread and they should understand that their actual cellphone service will be handled by Red Pocket.

Gotta love the instant resorting to ad hominem attacks. :lol:

You have jinxed it - now all I get is those 1 silver ads.

You're the poster child role model for those.

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement." -Wikipedia

Chelle, I might be a troll but I truly think that you are very beautiful, and I like you very much, not just because of your beauty but also for your great personality. :stuck_out_tongue:

It was a wholly reasonable statement to say that using a CellNUVO phone for emergency purposes might not be the best idea seeing that the service went down for a month with virtually zero communication and updates.

So it's interesting how not only did one person immediately accuse me of being a troll, but that two other's gleefully piled in as well with ad hominem attacks.

The first person is obviously very insecure about the validity of her ideas if that is the reaction to the merest scrutiny. As for the other two, well for one of them in particular, you're entitled to your opinion. :lol: