Want To Know When You're Going To Die? There's An App For That.

A NEW MEDICAL APP ACCURATELY PREDICTS WHEN YOU’RE GOING TO DIE

Sigh

Would be better to get a couple years heads up... generally, life insurance will not pay out unless you held the policy a few years. :slight_smile:

Not sure what you mean.:unsure:

Maybe, for a price, they could tweak the algorithm to make the predictions earlier. Reminds me of the Precogs (Minority Report), but applied to health.

It sounds promising, but it might be even better if someone could create an app that would predict which doctor or hospital employee will make a mistake that will kill you or another person unexpectedly, for hospital errors cause a huge amount of deaths per year.

https://catalyst.nejm.org/medical-errors-preventable-deaths/

"The platform is currently set to be implemented in hospitals, but the company hopes to create a wearable device for people to use at home. "

My wife would appreciate it if I were able to use this device in that over the years I have often said when talking of future events that I need not worry about them for I will be dead before then, which sometimes provokes a smile, or is it a smirk, from her. When I reshingled the house, for example, I said that because the shingles were warranted to last for 30 years, I would not have to worry about ever reshingling again because I would be dead before thirty years had elapsed. Anyways, my wife has pointed out that every time I have said I would dead by such and such a date, I have been wrong, to which I say that there is a 100% chance that I will be right one day. Anyways, if I had this time of death app, I would be able to stop making false predictions.

Wonder what John Donne would have thought of this app: " for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee." Update: "for whom the app beeps; it beeps for thee."

App game. Self prophecy fulfilled