Update on Boost/Virgin FED/FEC check for older phones

Thanks for that! I guess we'll be looking to accumulate more data points at the next millennium. (Hope someone can still find this thread for an update by then.......)

And welcome to the Nth forum! I've very much appreciated your helpful posts and patience in explaining things on Reddit.

Thank you! I've only just stumbled across nthcircle in looking for other places to deliver clear and concise answers. I can't believe I hadn't known about it before. The Ting section is.... super critical and heavily trafficked from the RingPlus days, and not much since. So, I suppose you guys can expect me in other carrier forums trying to do here what I do on Reddit.

Welcome!

We are generally very price conscious and aware of the alternatives on here so Ting is unlikely to get much love.

Noted. It still looks like you guys use our KB a lot, though.

LiterallyUnlimited writes:
"The Ting section is.... super critical and heavily trafficked from the RingPlus days, and not much since. So, I suppose you guys can expect me in other carrier forums trying to do here what I do on Reddit. "

This is true, but it should be taken in context. Ting pricing is a "tough fit" for a lot of the RingPlus refugees. Personally, I felt that Ting handled that transition from RingPlus with the utmost competence and grace that we could have hoped for. I moved some of the lines I managed away from Ting immediately (with no issues whatsoever), and still have a few of 'my folks' on Ting.

And there is no doubt that Ting sets the 'gold standard' for technical customer service people (and general customer service), is the "go to" reference for BYOD devices and Sprint SIM cards, and a wealth of other helpful articles available to anyone that cares to peruse them. By everything I've seen, an exceptional provider, even if a poor financial fit for many here.

And that's part of why I'm here. We're still working on some big stuff you guys will probably be interested in and taking feedback as we grow and change, so please stay tuned, even if it's not to the Ting section of nthcircle.

My 2nd ZTE Speed that was previously not FED-qualified to activate has now become activateable. I've activated on FreedomPop using the foregoing link. I had no success using Citibank's virtual card numbers to activate, so I tried the actual card (non-virtual), & it activated in 1 try.