The Destructive Power of Fingernails

Looks as if we are seeing the unfolding of Bendgate for the Samsung folding phone. It is hard to believe that Samsung would release another phone with serious quality and durability issues, particularly after experiencing the battery disaster. Maybe they should have tested the phone with robots who had human-like fingernails. $2,000

Sometime you get it right, other times you get it wrong, which seems to be the case with Samsung in its valiant effort to make a foldable phone. Evidently, the hinge on the foldable phone is an engineering beauty, but the phone is failing due to several holes or spaces where detritus can enter the screen area and throw a monkey wrench into the works.

"Samsung says they folded these phones more than 200,000 times, and with this hinge system we don't doubt it. But, maybe humans aren't quite as gentle as Samsung's robots are ..." This bolsters my theory that Robots will never be human-like without fingernails.

Oops--forgot to post these links:

UPDATE: If the links provided here no longer work it's because of Samsung's request mentioned below.

"We were provided our Galaxy Fold unit by a trusted partner. Samsung has requested, through that partner, that iFixit remove its teardown. We are under no obligation to remove our analysis, legal or otherwise. But out of respect for this partner, whom we consider an ally in making devices more repairable, we are choosing to withdraw our story until we can purchase a Galaxy Fold at retail."

:evil:

Did the tin man in the Wizard of Oz movie have fingernails?:evil:

@als Yes he did, before the wicked witch had them chopped off and they were replaced by tin. Of course, the Tin man was fully human in the book before he became fully tin as he appears in the movie.

Sad really. Didn't they test this before?

Yes, but with lint-free, clean Robots without fingernails.

Can that robot be retrofitted to turn into a swiping machine?

Probably for a hefty sum. One would likely have to swipe 24 hours a day for10 years to earn enough to pay for the retrofitting, and if you factor in that the cost of electricity to run the robot could possibly equal or exceed whatever is earned from swiping, then one may never profit from the robot. But at least the robot would not be frustrated whenever there was a shortage of ads, or when ads didn't credit. He'd keep on trucking no matter what.:slight_smile:

Even robots hate to swipe for 0 points.

I don't understand why that guy was complaining.

I tried to fold my own Moto and the screen broke.