TextNow Free 250mb/mo. Data

Nevermind back to LTE still have unlimited 1Mbps data. Thought it had stopped as I was on edge but must have been a temporary glitch.

1 Like

I opened a few more account hoping to get another with the free data but nothing yet. Seems random who gets invited.

I never received an invite for the 250mb free data. However today I received an email for one of my lines that indicates:
Your free Nationwide Talk & Text Plan now includes FREE basic data access to essential apps!
Apps shown are email, rideshare, and maps. There are no links or fine print in the email for more info.
I haven't had time to try it out, I'll report back once I do.

2 Likes

Interesting!

It seems like TextNow is experimenting. But including data for email, rideshare, and maps is better than what the free plan SIM previously provided.

However, I'm happy that I got the free 250MB/mo for my TextNow free plan SIM.

EDIT: Fixed typo

Looks like sponsored data. Rideshare, meaning the drivers too? That would be awesome for drivers.

Just started some testing. I do not have the free data.

I turned off wifi and was able to call and text on the TextNow SIM (via LTE, I presume). Maps did not load., so definitely no data.

I linked my TextNow and Freedompop to my Google Voice. I turned off voicemail on TextNow but did not see any settings for Freedompop. I let it ring until my Google Voice voicemail picked up. Works great, nice!

Update: Looks like the incoming call consumed some FP data. Unreal!

I am not on the 250mb free data and looks like maybe not on the free basic data either. I am able to use the TextNow app for phone calls and send/rcv text/pics but my Maps, Email do not work off the LTE service.

Device: iPhone 6S Plus
Plan: Subscription Invoice - Nationwide Talk & Text (with ads)

Only one of my lines has this. In the app it shows I'm on the Free Unlimited Talk & Text with the Access to Essential Apps add-on for $0.00.

1 Like

How are the data speeds? On mine, it appears to be quite slow, as in possibly '2G-like' speed.