Tello to expire numbers on August 14

Based solely on my 2 lines that qualify for death knell I'd say not based on use. One gets a few cents, if that, used a year the other a few dollars. So far neither has gotten death sentence.

I wonder why some are getting the notice while most do not? Perhaps it's just a matter of time before all do.

That's my guess, batches. Random? Probably not but good luck figuring the batch order.

Next batch of emails going out w/8/16 drop dead date.

I too got the email today that my service was being shutoff if I didn't top off my account with a minimum of $20 every 90 days. THIS IS TERRIBLE.

I only use about a dollar's worth of service per month.

Are people saying that buying a $5 or $6 plan for just one month will work because if you have a PAYGO balance the account reverts from a plan account automatically at the end of the month to a PAYGO account?

What are you paying for it?

No emails for my 3. One hasn't had an order since 2019. The other two have had phone swaps recently so just wondering if they will count as orders since they are listed as such. We shall see.

I got 10 Tello lines about four years ago, each started with a free $10 credit. I used up most of the credit on each line over three years ago. Haven't touched any of them since.

Got one email from Tello with this disconnect notice two days ago. And I got another four emails today. Presumably I'll get the rest of the lines notices over the next few days.

No email for me yet, looks like they are scrubbing their accts. The unused lines are probably costing them quite a bit of money... remember Ting charges $6 per line...

I wonder what Tello's monthly wholesale cost is to keep an unused line active. They've been allowing this for so long, that it is seemingly de minimus.

There's another difference with the line that I didn't get the email notice for, besides the fact that I actually use it more. It's the one line I started with an actual charge to my CC, it had even been on a plan temporarily back in early 2017, plus I topped up over a year ago using the CC. The 13 lines that I got the email notice for were all started with free $10 coupon codes, and they have never had top ups. So, they never received a cent from me on any of the lines that I received the email notice of expiration. I have not done any phone swaps on any of these lines.

Very interesting observation. My line was started with funds and no codes. No email so far.

My same observation too. Lines that have added funds to accounts are usually safe as of now. My guess is that Tello is going after accounts that were created for free and haven't have any fund added to them since. Those accounts I notice are quick to zero out.

One of my lines has no payments by me and no phone swaps or other orders for 10 months. Same $10 ringplus deal. No email.

My other two lines have had phone swaps this month. No emails either.

I've added money and still got the shutoff notice.

Promoze, thanks for the additional info! (I see your proclivity for analyzing details hasn't changed!)

Your analysis fits my situation pretty well, too: 2 lines, started with discounted (but not free) allotments purchased through Stack Social. I have not added additional funds since, and neither has received the email. I know that I've done swaps on both lines, but at least one definitely not within 90 days.

I will note that Tello does track the source of any credits, and that at least some levels of CSR can see what the source of existing balances is. (I know this from a prior conversation with support.)

Of course, there's the pesky problem that several members have just reported that this does not fit with their situation.....

3 phones. all flip ( due to battery retention). text and data enabled for all 3.
1 moved from r+ with ported number + promo of $10 paygo free ( i believe) 2/4/17. topped up 12/15/17 balance added through paypal. balance currently $1.58
1 moved from r+ with ported number + $5 free promo of $5 paygo balance paid. my half added through paypal. 3/27/17. no top up. swap 9/22/18 balance currently $7.92
1 with byod + new number +$20 added through paypal balance. 1/7/18. no top up. no swap. balance currently $19.04

all 3 got notices.
none had my cc info unless they can see paypal. i currently dont pay any tello bills with my cc info. i pay through paypal. using my paypal balance.

I only have 1 PAYGO line started in June of last year with a $10 charge on my credit card. My current balance is $9.63. I've done about 15 phone swaps since then, including one just a few days ago. My previous swap on that line was in June. I have not received the notice.

The one line of mine that hasn't gotten a notice also differed from my other lines in that it was a ported number from my R+ account, which originally was with my Sprint and Nextel phones. But it looks like that's irrelevant, as well.

Although I had topped up with Discovercard well over a year ago, no CC is currently attached to the account under "saved cards". If I try to top up, it needs CC info or Paypal. Current balance is $6.02.

It's my main line, and I don't want to take any chances with this line/number, so despite not receiving an email notice, I plan to top up $20 to boost my balance and restart the clock, then add a $6 plan about 3 months later.

OK, I received the notice for my primary phone. "your Pay As You Go balance (if any), will automatically expire on 08/21/2020."

Also, Tello has already expired all of the other phones/numbers/balances. They have all been deactivated, numbers gone, and $0 balance. They didn't even wait until the end of the day.