T-Mobile Coverage Has Really Expanded

We own a brick and mortar business. Thanks to great employees and our ability to leverage technology, we're able to travel quite a lot.

In order to stay connected to our business we've always traveled with phones on every network. We can sniff out somebody's signal pretty much no matter where we are.

My main line is T-Mobile and I switch to other networks, as needed, on our trips.

We just spent the last few days driving cross country (something we do 3-4 times per year) and, for the first time ever, I didn't have to use any phone except my primary T-Mobile line.

I only lost signal for a few minutes at a time, and it was only a few times during the entire trip. It would not be an exaggeration to say that I had data coverage 99.9% of the time.

A friend of mine has a farm in rural Georgia and they've always only been able to get Verizon signal. I recently noticed that my T-Mobile phone not only works there, now, but I get 4 bars of coverage. I didn't even have to turn on my TracFone/Verizon phone, like I usually do.

Anyway, FWIW, T-Mobile seems to be well on its way to be an "only one phone required" network for a lot of people.

Wow, that's good news -- thanks for sharing! I wonder how frequently they update their coverage maps so that people can get an accurate idea of how well T-Mobile reception would work where they are located, or where they plan to travel. (Based on my personal experience, it seems most coverage maps are a bit optimistic.)

Here's a funny bit that explains why we cannot use T-Mobile here=>
According to the map linked below, they have towers around the MA/NH border, the ME border & the Montreal border, and nothing very close at the NY side.

This leaves pretty much all of the middle of our state with no coverage for that carrier.

Of course maybe in 20 years or so the state will relax its tariffs, but we'll be dead before then, so we won't see it !!