St. Patrick's Day Jokes?

Greetings, All,

I realize in this day and age we should all be politically correct at all times, but our family (we're about half Irish, by the way) has a tradition of attending a local St. Patrick's Day celebration each year, the highlight of which is a contest for The Best Irish Joke.

So, in the spirit of fun, and NOT to offend anyone, would any of you be interested in sharing your best Irish jokes (only clean ones, of course)? If so, please do. Hey -- I might even use one of them for this year's contest!

Thanks very much and Happy St. Patrick's Day to all of you!
Diedrich_O'Duo :slight_smile:

I did not know there were any clean Irish jokes. You know I'm joshing. But sharing is a good idea, and I'll see what I can come up with.

Then there’s the Irishman on the construction site who was asked if he knows the difference between a joist and a girder. “Well, sure anyone would know that,” he replies. “Joist wrote Ulysses and Girder wrote Faust.”

"You know it's summer in Ireland when the rain gets warmer."
Hal Roach

Nice! Thanks for getting the jokes started.
By the way, Hal Roach is tops in my book since he was largely responsible for my comedic heroes, Laurel and Hardy.

"Why do you Irish always answer a question with a question? asked President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Do we now? came New York Mayor Al Smith's reply"

Sounds like Mayor Smith took a page out of Socrates' playbook, doesn't it?

Thanks for the excellent joke!