Sprint Prepaid

But there is a before and after. Before, R+ was not using true cellular. That cost had to have been lower. The plan was based on using that method of service, which failed due to excessive delays.

Keep in mind FreedomPop is Sprint, and, has been around for many years serving customers who pay $0, like me. Somehow, they survive. Yes, some pay extra for other services, but many pay $0 too. And on many devices.

In the end, it's guessing of course. My point was not that R+ in the end could possibly pay their bills, they could not of course. However, given the environment and supposed agreement they started with, I believe it was possible, more than possible. But they had horrible execution too. If the question is, was it possible, I say yes it was, at least at the starting line. A model like FreedomPop that also uses the ads would work.

FP US CDMA/LTE SIM funded by CIA.
FP UK SIM funded by Mi6.

:smiley:

I suppose what you are suggesting here is, in fact, interagency rivalry.

Using a carrier where you pay all the costs does not offer you any additional privacy as compared to free sims.

It may simply mean that it is harder for some agencies to keep a close eye on you than would be the case if you went the free sim route.

Sprint Prepaid is rebranding itself as "Sprint Forward."

It is not very likely that the new offerings would be very appealing to members here.

The single line plan is $40/month with autopay and provides unlimited talk and text and 4GB of LTE and hotspot capability.

Family plans are available and include one option of 3 lines for $100.

Phone selection is limited on the website but by visiting a Sprint Retail Store customers may be able to activate some BYOD devices.

https://prepaid.sprint.com/#!/

I'm not sure if they would appeal to anyone. Really terrible update and a missed opportunity to provide something really competitive. Poor selection of phones and weak pricing.