Smooth or bumpy Rte. CN road these days?

I have 3 Blu phones in my collection. Two are just okay, but I have a Blu Life One X that's a workhorse. It functions as our sole home network internet connection.

It's got a T-Mobile SIM, on a grandfathered plan, and it's been chugging along for well over 2 years-- which is a long time to have the hotspot turned on in a phone. I never even have to reboot it, unlike some cable modems I've had, in the past.

Since the hotspot only allows 8 connections, I use a Mini Travel Router, from GL Technologies, that I bought through Amazon for $19.99. It connects, wirelessly, to the hotspot and creates a new subnet that everything in the house is connected to.

So all our computers, streaming devices, tablets, security cameras, and smart home devices connect to the travel router (which is smaller than a deck of cards), and it's wirelessly connected to the Blu Life One X.

And it's all rock solid reliable.

So, while Blu phones can be hit or miss, there are some that are quite good.

WOW! That is a long time in hotspot mode! I have tried two Blu phones; one was horrible and the other currently in use which has been awesome.

Wow indeed !!!
Looks like our Chelle got the ONE really terrific phone they sold that year.
Congrats to you, Chelle.

I agree with the varying usefulness of the BLU line-- a friend is on his second R1-HD because he liked it so much he replaced it after breaking the screen on the first (after 2 years of rough duty.).

Even my little 'really nasty BLU' has been repurposed & can still be useful. I can no longer reliably run even a browser on it without the browser crashing, although I should try a factory reset before giving up. But, it works fine as portable hotspot with 2 FreedomPop LTE SIMs and data limit set. I can keep it in my backpack & use it for a little browsing when out with a Tello PayGo or FreeUP phone. (With tiny battery, I have to turn it on only when needed, though.)

Et_Z writes:
"Seeing the 'goodbye' thread here today as well as your mention of CN needing a newer OS version brings to mind the notion of 'spending money to make money' - which seems wildly out of place with regards to using CN."

Yes, it does not seem like a good way to set up a credit-earning system, does it? (Requiring a relatively powerful device to earn credits cents at a time......)

Two possibilities come to mind-- Nth Circlers may be for more likely to hoard, continue using, or repurpose older phones than the average person. (So maybe needing a more powerful phone isn't that much of a problem for most folks.)

Or ad producers either don't know, or don't care, that their ads may not be viewable to a considerable slice of the potential market. I lean towards this one.

For me it is totally worth spending a little money to make money with cellnuvo. My swiping phones cost about $20-30 on average and all have decent specs (android 7+ and 2gb ram, quad core 1ghz+ processors). I usually make that in less than a month but of course ymmv. It is a better experience at the end of the day which means you earn more with less frustrations.

You can get a decent tracfone for $30 off amazon so you can always save up and use your cellnuvo gold.

Probably would be better advice if we weren't in an ad drought right now but patience is the game with cellnuvo -- swipe lots when the rivers flow and leave off when they dry up.

A sort of corollary to the 'swiping in my free time' idea:
Apparently most folks tend to watch TV for at least a little while each day;
Other folks tend to play some sorts of games as a recreation, and;
Many spend time aplenty in front of a (major market) social media screen.

So therefore what's a little time spent swiping for gold, right ??

A case in opposites now=> I do none of the above, and spend no time idle either - so for me, time spent on swiping means time away from other things - so it has a much lower priority for me as a result.

My newer phone samsung does best earning. My older htc doesn't get any oops surveys.

Swiping indeed can be done at any down time.

Has anyone been able to complete any of the "please indicate your age range and gender" surveys? It has been going to a white screen for me for the last couple of days.

I did one (the 'starter' survey questions) last night with no issue.