Salt of the Earth

The mystical nature and beauty of salt is something to behold. Pink salt's otherworldliness has been growing for years, but I must get out more, for today was the first time I've heard about it, and I go to Trader Joe's now and then. Pink salt on Golden hash browns does sound good, and it would be nice sprinkled on green eggs and ham, too.

Kirkland Signature Ground Himalayan Pink Salt, 5 lbs., 2-count
https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-Ground-Himalayan-Pink-Salt%2C-5-lbs.%2C-2-count.product.100400178.html

Wow--10lbs. If I don't go crazy with the Salt, that should last me for about 5 or 6 months. But I actually prefer blue salt, or sometimes brown salt.:huh:

Excellent, need salt for to stay armed. :slight_smile:

Too funny !!!:

We use this:

Your real salt reminded me that I also use white fake salt or no salt, which probably comes from a lab somewhere.

Sea salt is best, take ocean water and make it fresh, then take the left over liquid and dry it as sea salt. 2 for 1 win. We can use more fresh water.

Yeah, sea salt with a dab of iodine might fit the bill, provided that it is not taken from the Salton Sea.

Reminds me of a line from a song by Melanie:

".....white sugar makes you rot - white could be beautiful, but mostly its not..."

Our last white salt got used on the icy front steps - years ago, and the only good use I know of for white sugar is in black tea used for feeding the kombucha culture !!
So I must agree with Melanie's observations.