Reminder: Infinite plan ending at the year end - switch now to a redpocket plan

I rarely ever text, or call, but the 250 MBs might be used. This would be a good plan for a young texting maniac, not for an all thumbs person like me.

I think the only reasonable translation of "stuck in the system" is that they deleted it, having no intention of paying it, and now that you've called them on it, they can't resurrect it. That's exactly what they put me through. And when I then got pretty tough with them as my response, 10 minutes later I had money in my Sprint account. Yes, it took all of 10 minutes from the time I filled out the new request to the time when CN was giving me the same Sprint confirmation number that I could see online at Sprint.com. So as I've said, the 24 hour thing is a complete ruse. I can't prove they delete them on purpose, but it's either that or they have the worst organizational structure in the history of corporations. Either way, clearly there is no "process." There's just them actually paying the bill, which, as we've all seen, they're very damn reluctant to do.

I agree with you that ones not getting processed at all is a concern. They really need to fix that. But I've had ones as low as 5 gold not work and that isn't really worth anyone purposely deleting!

But I don't think the 24 hour thing is a ruse. Do you really think the staff can process all the requests they receive instantly just like yours? You think they have nothing else to do but process payments? 24 hours is more than reasonable if it gets done. Who knows how many work at cellnuvo. It could be just a couple of people. We are also assuming it is all manual but it could be some kind of batch automatic system that runs them through once a day. Those that fail are sent into a pile in someone's inbox. That someone could be totally bogged down with work. Putting a restriction on requests could ease the workload and solve some of the backlog.

By stuck in the system they could mean there is an error preventing payment. They could work with the customer to sort it out but it may well be easier to start a new request.

At the end of the day there are multiple plausible reasons and neither of us know what is really going on. We can at least both agree that it needs to get better.

One suggestion is to code the app to only allow one request at a time. That prevents multiple attempts clogging the system. The app could have the option to cancel any pending request by the user so they can start again or alternatively ping someone at cellnuvo to follow it up to resolve any issue. The app could detail where in the chain of processing the request currently is (much like the dominos pizza tracker for example) and make it known if there is an error and how to resolve it.

mmfaceman wrote: " Who knows how many work at cellnuvo. It could be just a couple of people. ---That someone could be totally bogged down with work" ***** Reminds me of a hard working young man who owns a website and is trying to maintain a Linux OS. But people will abandon something if it's broken.

I think your vision of what's going on there is vastly overblown. How many payout requests do you think they receive in a day? One guy alone at a desk, if he could do one every five minutes, which would be very slow for something so repetitive, would be able to process about 500 per week. I'm absolutely confident that they're not getting anywhere near that many. They don't begin to have the customer base, most of their customers don't have five gold to redeem, and most people who do submit, put in one request every once in a while and then walk away. All of that doesn't begin to add up to 500 per week. I'm not at all sure there are 500 people in the entire country genuinely using the app at this point, let alone attempting to redeem.

And as to all the other many activities going on there? Other than a bit of vague attention to the app, and remembering to make the coffee, there is not much else. They need to sell ads to businesses, and then they need to get us to swipe them. That's it, that's the entirety of their business model at this point.

And even if it was an issue of being overwhelmed by funding requests, which I'm absolutely certain it is not, that's a simple matter of adding a low-level temp for a few days. The work could not be simpler. They put the payment on a credit card. If they are so overwhelmed by the sheer volume of redemption requests, a laughable concept if ever there was one, they could fix it by the end of this week if they wanted to. So again, my bottom line: Either they are the most woefully inept company in the history of companies, or they're not genuinely trying to make the payments. From the payee perspective, it really doesn't matter which one of those is true.

My wildest guess is that CN has about 50-200 customers left. I'm leaning on the lower end of that range. I think they have thinned out the herds, intentionally or not. Now they need to rebuild the base again.

finally! -

swagbucks takes 3 days to process a gift card. Yes they could do it in 1 minute but no one complains because it is a reasonable time to wait.24 hours is reasonable for cellnuvo payments. Not everyone can get special treatment. The real issue is not all payments work.

As to the numbers to process I have no idea what is involved and neither do you. I have no idea what the staff are involved in and neither do you. Assuming they just pay bills and make coffee is vastly underestimating what goes on.

We both agree that it should be better so lets leave it at that. What we both think may be going on is mostly irrelevant.

I think the focus should be on solving requests that don't get processed at all rather than complaining about a reasonable 24 hour turnaround policy.

My objection to the 24 hour+ claim is that I believe it is being used as a ploy, to deflect attention away from the real problem. I would be delighted if every redemption attempt was resolved in 24 hours, or even 48 hours, with no need on the part of the payee to rattle the cage in order to get his money. If all payout requests were being funded within a couple days, nobody would be complaining about the 24 hour issue.

[quote="Isamorph"]

[quote="Isamorph"]

Thanks for the slow-motion experimentation, Isamorph!
Kicking myself now for following directions.....

It may slow to a stop and not end well. I'd better start consuming my allotments.

Yes, I think you need to pick up the pace. It appears it might take you 41+ years at the rate you're going now.

Touche---I might be able to use up minutes and data, but using up the texts is unimaginable.

[quote="Isamorph"]

[quote="Isamorph"]

[quote="Isamorph"]

Update on my above posts: I just chatted with RP CS and asked why my plan expiration date showed "null" rater than a date, and was basically told by the chat person that he did not know and said it was a CN plan and to check with them. I told him that I paid Red Pocket with my CC the past two months , and so how could it not be a Red Pocket plan if I'm paying Red Pocket. He just said he did not know what was going on. Well, neither do I. This confusion seems to be the vestigial remains of the snafued transition from CN to RP. Stay tuned.

Well, that's it. Just checked my plan and I have zero of everything, and there is no option to refill the plan. For $5 a month, the experiment, and the ability to use the phone was worth it I suppose.

That is a shame. I am glad though that my advice to switch away from this plan will not lead to an angry mob at my door.

Thanks for keeping us up to date with it.

Sorry to hear that, Isamorph! Thanks for giving us the updates to the saga.
By intent, I let my Red Pocket line expire this month. I think you did well, though. I paid 10 Gold x 2, and left most of my allotment on the table, and now have an expired line. You paid $5/mo, with the same end result.

Yes, I came to CN with nothing, did about 10 minutes of swiping in one year, had free phone that worked maybe 11 months out of 12, got a years worth of free entertainment from a high wire act company, all for a meager $10. Living la vida loca.:dry: