Predatory healthcare industry

Wow, read this article from a year ago. Takes an outsider to come clean.

https://www.prnewschannel.com/2016/03/10/former-hospital-president-blows-whistle-on-predatory-u-s-healthcare-pricing/

The healthcare industry (rather than the healthcare insurers) plus the pharmaceutical companies plus the way congress has legislated those industries are the biggest drags on the US economy.

Ethically speaking, I think they're a reflection of our culture. They simply try to get away with what many businesses, "leaders" and entrepreneurs try to get away with all the time. Whether it's Wall St, K St, funding of elected representatives, the prison business, Paul Manafort, the Trumps, parts of Silicon Valley, it doesn't matter how the $ are earned.

Oh, and sign the petition the outsider set up.

Commitment to detoxification allows one to finally see that 'healthcare' as it presently exists is a misnomer.
If corrected, it would be 'deathcare'.
Thus the pricing aspects of it - though definitely predatory - are not the worst of it.

When just about everything we are exposed to and/or consume is oriented so much towards profits rather than wholesomeness...well, just look at how many folks live on pharma krap just to sort of barely stay alive - and how many of those become very addicted and/or ill from that very stuff.

Example:
A young woman has an injurious car accident with lots of resultant pain;
Gets put on opiate-based 'pain meds';
Inevitable addiction & abuse follows.
In order to regain somewhat of a normal life she must go through rehab - and then:
Takes an anti-opiate addiction med with serious side effects - most likely for the rest of her life.
Worse even still - this same under 30 years old woman self-medicates daily with alcohol to help her with the headaches & nausea from the anti-opiate stuff.

I gave up the attentions of ALL medicos over 30 years back (with the exception of needing physical patching up after an injury).
They had told me I was afflicted with diabetes & a life threatening illess that was a death sentence.
Oddly enough - after learning & taking better measures on my own I am not diabetic OR dead yet all these years later.
A bit odd, yes ??

As to the hideous & heinous pricing aspect of it - the very last time I thought I needed 'medicine' to control the spreading of the illness they'd convinced me of - I was in horrible pain & thought I needed immediate help, so I went to the closest ER.

After waiting an hour to be 'seen', a resident intern stepped into the exam room, asked me to show him what was wrong - agreed with what he heard & saw, then left after less than 1 minute.
When I went to check out I was given a day's worth of pills & a prescription to get a 2 week supply.
Soon thereafter I got an over $400 bill for my 'treatment'.

Translated:
4 little pills + 1 minute of a stipend paid resident intern's time = an over $400 charge ??
Absurd.

Since then - no more medicos or their pills - and the spreading of the illness has been reversed with an extreme reduction of pain as well as massively regained health.
This sort of health gain is possible for anyone who desires it strongly enough.

Former Aetna medical director says he didn’t look at patient records before denying, approving care

As the doctor said in the quote below, this admission is not much of a surprise. Many patients and doctors who have experience with insurance companies are well aware of the absurd and unethical behavior these companies have engaged in for many years. I have wondered more than once how some people can work for these companies and not cringe at their own complicity in said behavior.

“It’s obviously infuriating to have a doctor in that position who’s not really looking at medical records,” he said. “It’s very dangerous to leave medical decisions to a party who has no firsthand knowledge of the patient. Unfortunately, insurance companies in the United States are fundamentally flawed in my opinion.”

He said insurers are focused on increasing their own profits, and that many of the denials they make aren’t warranted.

Hendizadeh added that some of his peers have had to embellish a patient’s symptoms to ensure the insurance company will cover the claim.

“In the medical world, this is not a surprise,” he said.

It is customary for insurance companies to deny claims without looking at it... then make clinics jump through hoops to get paid. What else is new?