Porting out of Sprint

Wanting to port out my Spring 1 year free to Mint. Mint says they need: 1) acct #, 2) acct pin, 3) zip code. So let me get this straight, Mint wants your account PIN and then they can do whatever they want on your account?!?

Usually, account PIN is same as port-out PIN. If Sprint allows you to set port out PIN different than account PIN, you should provide Mint with port out PIN. Otherwise, this is normal and required for porting to complete successfully.

Well, gave the Mint Server my PIN and number was ported immediately!

Tested call and data function, all works well. I get better T-Mo signal at home, so service improvement. :slight_smile:

Did you have to call Sprint to get your pin. I remember years ago I had to fight Sprint in the middle of the store to move to TMobile.

I told the fool it was too late but he kept trying. It took me asking for his supervisor to get the pin

Sprint knew long before we were unhappy with service.

I just used my account PIN.

Oh, and the ported out line disappeared from my Sprint account.

Where did you find the pin?

Thanks

Sign in
Click on My Sprint
Under Overview, you will see Profile and Security, click that
Scroll down to find Security Information
If you forgot your PIN, like most people, say you forgot and you can have it texted to you.

They used to make you call in and then annoy you to stay

Well, most are going to T-Mobile and with the upcoming merger, there is no ready to make you stay because you will 'technically' be back.

Is merger 100%? Hope not

If merger doesn't happen, Sprint has to quickly figure out VoLTE or equivalent, because no one is going to tolerate CDMA cellular voice quality in 2023 (5 years from now).

Got an offer of "up to $100 for 1 line / $250 for 2 lines" returning to Sprint... fine print as follows:

Limited time offer. Activ. Fee: Up to $30/line. Credit approval req. Svc. Credit Offer: Limited time offer. Receive a service credit for each smartphone reactivated line of service. Customer must remain in good standing for 30 days before credit is applied. No cash back. Credit applied to bill. Not transferable. Sprint Unlimited Basic, Plus & Premium Plan: Reqs eBill. Includes unlimited domestic calling, texting, Mobile Hotspot VPN & P2P & data as indicated above. Third-party content/downloads are add'l charge. Plan not avail. for tablets or MBB devices. Select Int'l svcs are included for phone lines. See Sprint Global Roaming. Subsidized devices incur an add'l. $25/mo. charge. Must remain on Premium plan for a minimum of 30 days. AutoPay: $5/mo./line discount may not reflect on 1st bill. Hulu: Not available outside the U.S. Reqs qualifying Sprint service plan and registration of Hulu account from Sprint phone while on the Sprint network at Hulu. Incl. access to one Hulu Limited Commercials plan per each eligible Sprint account (excl. other Hulu plans and add-ons) while eligible Sprint plan is active and in good standing. New or returning Hulu subscribers only. Valid also for existing Hulu-billed Limited Commercials plan subscribers (no third-party billed subscribers or premium add-on subscribers); no prorated credit or refund for current Hulu billing month, and remaining credit balances will be forfeited. Excludes CL accounts. Not redeemable or refundable for cash or gift subscriptions. Hulu may place account on inactivity hold based on Hulu usage. Cancel Hulu anytime. Subject to Hulu terms -- see Terms & Conditions | Hulu. Hulu off er made available by Sprint and may be modified or terminated at any time without notice. Quality of Service (QoS): Customers who use more than 50GB of data during a billing cycle will be deprioritized during times & places where the Sprint network is constrained. See Open Internet Information for details. Usage Limitations: To improve data experience for the majority of users, throughput may be limited, varied or reduced on the network. Sprint may terminate service if off-network roaming usage in a month exceeds: (1) 800 min. or a majority of min.; or (2) 100MB or a majority of KB (50MB for Kickstart). Prohibited use rules apply -- see Sprint Terms and Conditions. Other Terms: Offer/coverage not available everywhere or for all phones/networks. Accounts that cancel lines within 30 days of activating on promo pricing may void savings. Included features/content may change or be discontinued at any time. May not be combined with other offers. Restrictions apply. See store or sprint.com for details. © 2018 Sprint. All rights reserved. Sprint & the logo are trademarks of Sprint.