Non-Subscribers Using TRIAL to earn Silver

Yes everthing was fine with signup. But No points awarded on this offer. Surveys I think I got points on one out of 50 tries

It's been a month since I started my trial account. I swiped waaay more than I thought I would. It's kind of addicting.

I noticed that my Silver Awarded counter has stopped updating starting the 2nd month. My Balance still goes up. Probably just a bug for trial users. Does the Silver Awarded reset to 0 on an activated account at the beginning of a new billing cycle?

Yes. "Silver Awarded" would be more accurately described as "Silver Awarded this billing period". The same goes for Silver Used and Silver Needed.

P.S.-- if you need a referral code I'd love to give you one! :wink:

I recently signed my niece up using Classic_Music's referral code since he was the one that originally did a lot of leg work finding out about CellNUVO when RP was shutting down. I'll be using my niece's referral code to sign up once my Twigby referral credit is diminished.

Yikes 230k in one month?!

Beginning of the second day of month two I am unable to earn credits. I can still watch ads but the Balance counter stopped updating on the app. On the website everything says Pending...

I'm not too worried about it. CellNUVO has been good about fixing problems.

I just ran into the same issue on my trial account. Everything says pending and balance stopped increasing. I saw your post and I am in fact on day 30 of my trial. Sent email to support and Tom. Hopefully a quick and easy resolution. I plan to move my Ting line over to CellNuvo once my Ring+ credits expire and wanted to build strong bank of credits before prior to porting in and converting trial to full account. I already have one full account with CellNuvo for almost two months and love the service so far.

Hey side question... Do any of you know if we can add lines to existing accounts? Or do we need to have one account/line per email address? Also if we need separate accounts can we refer ourselves or is that breaking a rule. Perhaps this question best posed to CellNuvo directly. I don't want to break any rules but would be a nice bonus. Thought maybe you guys have already run into a similar scenario.

Same thing happened to me starting Saturday. Balance keeps increasing but silver awarded stays the same.

They have fixed this issue, it was not a limitation of the trial. My Balance is updating correctly and my Silver Awarded is properly showing what I've earned so far this month.