No service for over a month now

Having said all that, there are only 2 possible reasons to stay:

1. They have your number
  2. You have a large balance

There are 3 scenarios:

1. If they have your number and you have a small balance, then I would port.

2. If they don't have your number and you have a large balance, then I would swipe only enough to keep the account alive and use another phone.

3. If they have your number and you have a large balance, then you have a couple of options:

a) Transition to another phone and number and follow scenario 2 above
b) Port out anyway because it is unlikely you'll be able to do anything reliable with your large balance anyway

The 3rd reason to stay is that many of us have been through 3-8 months of decent service before this transition. So we have seen first hand they can get things right. This is supposed to be a one off major transition and once they finally get past it all we are hopeful they will get back to normal. They have a strong mvno backing them now. There are also plenty of ideas they are working on that will make it even better. We may never see those or we may see them all.

Some of us can stick it out because we have other lines, google voice, some have working cellnuvo service, some of us don't use cell phones enough to notice the issues. Issues come ---- issues get fixed. The ---- is the problem. Not fast enough and not enough communication.

If you are too upset and frustrated then yes port out. Or set the phone aside and use a different line elsewhere if you want to save your balance.

But unlike what JTSR71 thinks not everyone is ready to give up on them yet. Though he would like nothing more than to stomp on cellnuvo's grave.

You can look on various threads on this site over the last 8 months, before the current issues, and see people complaining about not receiving replies from customer service, having various problems earning, not having certain functionality working etc etc.

The notion that everything was fine before and will be fine "soon" is just not true. One of the most appalling things is that if you read past comments by people who say positive things about CellNUVO now, their own previous comments often contradict what they claim now! For example, the comment that earning is performed while doing something else is routinely contradicted by people admitting they are not good at multi tasking or that the best time to earn is after midnight!

I simply urge users to concentrate on the facts. Providing reliable cell service is not difficult yet CellNUVO have not done so for the last two and a half months. They have not communicated and their timelines for everything is "soon". Because your service has been so unreliable, your earning with them is negative not positive. You have swiped and they have earned revenue, yet you have not had service. You have been effectively cheated.

Is this really a company you wish to have an ongoing relationship with? Why should you listen to the hopes of a handful of people whose main objective is one day redeeming a couple of hundred dollars worth of credits that they spent the last 8 months collecting?

Anyone else sick and tired of this turning into a political board?

Who exactly do you think you are talking to? :lol: Pretty much everyone reading these threads are cellnuvo customers with the main objective to one day redeem the couple of hundred dollars worth of gold they have earned. The ones who aren't are your buddies or fellow xfinity/freedompop/lyca/alternative mvno users with no interest in cellnuvo.

The OP.

On average, shouldn't the main objective be having reliable service? I can see redeeming "points" as a secondary objective or maybe primary for those with multiple lines across multiple companies.

Redeeming credit is what gives you service on cellnuvo. So all cellnuvo customers want to redeem their gold without issues. So they can have reliable service. The objectives are one and the same.

You're right but many for whom that is / was the objective, have left.

Many of the people left are mostly staying with CellNUVO for their points balance. The service issues don't bother them as much. They need the company to survive.

That's why they represent, two and a half months later, that things will get back to normal.

If they want CellNUVO to survive, they should just spend more time swiping.

I can only speak for myself, and I'm exactly the type of subscriber you're describing - I'm here for my Gold. You're right on this point.

At the same time you're wrong on other counts, because of unnecessary generalizations you made.

I don't represent "that things will get back to normal" - I don't know that. I can only wish and hope.

I'm not sure swiping is essential for Cellnuvo's survival. If they asked me to do some swiping as a guarantee of their survival, I would do that, but they didn't (?)

I also agree with mmfacemm that objectives of having reliable service and being able to redeem Gold are one and the same, especially if cellular service is the only thing Gold could be used for. Besides, cellular service for all practical reasons, assuming Gold becoming freely redeemable, will be through Red Pocket. If that happens, there would be no reason to talk about Cellnuvo and cellular service in the same sentence.

My bottom line is, that I don't believe in Cellnuvo's bad motives. I wish them well regardless of the future of my Gold. On the other hand, I have problems with them not being forthcoming with more details about their situation. This tells me that they don't have good news to share, which can only mean one thing - their situation is much worse than they admit to.

All great points Ceka.

I agree with you that you don't "represent" that things will get back to normal. Some others have done so. Sorry for including you and others who do not in that.

In fact, you have said that you "wish and hope". I applaud you for being honest. I think that stating that openly is important for anybody who offers advice (not so much you) because others who are not so familiar with the situation come here for advice and are desperate for good news.

I agree with you that there is a problem with CellNUVO not being forthcoming.

I don't necessarily agree that it means their situation is bad. I am of the opinion that CellNUVO is a part time interest for it's owners (you should google Tom Mannix to understand more about what else he does (unfortunately when that was previously discussed it was removed)) and that their pathology is that they're simply oblivious or not bothered about who they presume to be lower income customers.

It's not so much a bad motive as it is a flawed character in that, at best, they just don't realize what inconvenience they're causing, or at worst, they prioritize minimizing cost before customer inconvenience.

In my view, this is simply not true: and multiple CN users have stated that previously.

I was NOT an early adopter of CN, mostly because-- wait for it--- I "didn't think it was worth my time". I did follow the threads in this forum, though. What I saw was intermittent problems with the app not showing earnings, which seemed to be regularly followed by a refresh that caught up with credits owed. I saw intermittent problems with ads not loading, etc.-- most likely the fault of the 3rd party system for serving the ads. I saw a couple of periods when earnings were very low. I didn't see much evidence that anyone really considered it reason enough to really leave CN, despite some grumbling. Over time, the swiping experience was positive.
I also so that swiping was irrelevant-- the cash price for paygo true cell service was the lowest I could find. I'm pretty sure it's the lowest that's been identified in this forum. If any user needed cell service, and considered swiping not productive enough, paying cash remained a viable option.

What I did not see any evidence of was more than minor problems with the cell service. It was simply not discussed, and it most definitely would have been if it was largely problematic. (I did see the occasional provisioning problem that we see with all Sprint MVNOs.)
It was precisely this lack of issues with cell service, coupled with very strong evidence that it was easier to earn your way by swiping than I anticipated, that convinced me to sign up.

I get it that some people think swiping is dumb, and that the ROI is poor. This may, or may not, be true-- but I don't see the ROI as being inherently worse than couponing, or keeping up with deal threads to save a little money via rebates or complicated deals, or keeping track of where the cheapest gas is in town to save a nickle a gallon, or reading a graphic novel or watching a sitcom, or even participating in an online forum like this one. I imagine when all the time invested is considered, those activities have poor ROI for a lot of people too. Doesn't matter. It's a personal decision, and for most it's more like a hobby than a job.

A familiar theme to these threads unfortunately. Twisted facts and observations to suit an agenda - no wonder he is so into politics.

I doubt you could find one cellular provider that offers an issue free service to everyone even when operations are running as intended. Hardly anyone left from here in the first 6 months. Most appeared satisfied which is one reason we all have gold balances and hope that things will get better again. If it was bad all along no one would be sticking with them - obviously.

I do remember your post about Tom Mannix. I red it all and I didn't like it. It was unfair to Tom. Assuming that that Tom was the same person (without proof it's only an assumption), the article about Tom looked like written by political opponents during election campaign (?) Saying it mildly, I would never accept that as facts, regardless of political affiliation. I'm not that naive. I understand, we're all biased but in order to make a judgement about someone's character much more is needed than something that looked like a lampoon. I didn't like that article, I didn't like you posting it, and presenting as facts, and I didn't think we should be going in the direction of personal attacks. Yet, I remember defending you for posting it, thinking that you had the right to do so, and it was the obligation of people who disagreed, to explain why, instead of silencing you.

I didn't start that thread or post any articles about him. It was somebody else.

You can review what is left of the thread here.

https://www.nthcircle.com/forum/cellnuvo/616-a-small-update-to-ease-the-pain-hopefully?limitstart=0

That thread prompted me to take the opportunity to do my own research on him and CellNUVO and others involved, in much more depth than just the linked / reproduced information.

Like you, I would never take some political argument as my sole point of information. That is too narrow and it is somewhat of a "he said she said" issue. There are other pieces of information that one can find to help build a better picture.

All of these threads about the positive/negative state of CN could be eliminated if someone/anyone representing the company would post a status update on the CN website. Seeing as direct responses to individual customer inquiries are time consuming and sporadic, why not simply address the entire customer base in one fell swoop via the website?

JTSR71, I didn't object to doing some research on Cellnuvo. I wouldn't blame you for that even if you started it. My issue is the personal angle towards Tom. I just disagree with you going that direction and especially disagree with your conclusion based on a very narrow evidence. Other than that, I value your contribution to the forum. I see you as a smart, articulate and detailed oriented person, as long as you don't insist on winning every argument :slight_smile: - ...but that can be said of others as well.

100% agree. I just suspect there is no good news to share :frowning:

Thank you the compliments.

As to the personal angle with Tom, I am not entirely sure what you are referring to. Additionally, if one is biased against a line of inquiry, then any conclusion from an evaluation of the facts will be compromised.

CellNUVO is a very very small company. Ignoring evidence that is "personal" means you are without a third of the jigsaw pieces. The information out there is not all negative. But in light of how people react to such information, I simply have not talked about any of it. Collectively, it is not "narrow" and it needs to be considered in concert with other information to build a picture. It's like evaluating a hair salon without evaluating the stylists.

When R+ began behaving in a particular way, I grew suspicious about Karl's business competence. I did some deeper research and analysis and concluded they did not have a viable business and that it was highly unlikely they ever planned it realistically. Some of that analysis was based on what Karl said at various times, but the need to investigate was triggered by his behavior and what we saw as customers. Additionally there were one or two observations about people that were red flags.

In any case, events subsequent to my analysis proved me right.

As to CellNUVO, they speak far less and insist they are profitable. How they are behaving is very strange. But I believe I understand why that behavior occurs and it causes me to recommend not to become or remain a customer. As to whether they will continue, I cannot be sure. It is simply not as clear cut as R+ was.

No.
You're using circular logic to create a chimera.
There is no necessary inconsistency here.
It's really all about your beloved ROI, and many of the biggest threads about CellNuvo are about adaptive strategies to maximize ROI.

Examples: if silver production is good at midnight EST, and bad at TV primetime, I'll swipe when I look at online forums late in the evening instead of while watching prime time TV (both background tasks.) If production is insanely above average, one might stay up for an extra hour to earn 2 months worth of silver. (Get silver while the ROI is far above average.)

If a time period is far more productive than average (information frequently shared in this forum), turning a background task into a foreground task might improve ROI. Yes, it removes the benefit of using "free time" through multi-tasking, but can increase ROI nonetheless. Leveraging dual-swiping to create 210% production while the payoff is higher than average is sometimes worth making it a "foreground" task.

'Banking' a reasonable amount of Gold is also a way to increase ROI when combined with production strategies. Banking Gold far in excess of predictable short- to medium-term needs is definitely an indication of faith in the system, which may or may not turn out to be a wise decision.