No fax machine, free e-fax

I was just looking around... looks like there are free e-fax, limited to 1 or 2 sends with max of 3 pages... interesting...

2 faxes, each 3 pages max

1 fax, 3 pg max

you get 25 pages inbound and 5 pages outbound per month.

What's a fax? :wink:

Fax machine used to cost. $3500

Thanks. I added $10 credit to pamfax about 10 years ago and still have some left. Unfortunately there have been 4-5 times over the past 10 years when I needed to send a fax. These may prove useful when my credit runs out.

Free fax software, apps, and tools are everywhere in the market as well as on the internet. Choosing the right one is a bit hard, especially for those who are new to such stuff. to get to know more about free fax browse Google Fax Free. For all of you, we are presenting WinFax PRO 8.0 that assists Windows NT and Windows 95. I tested WinFax PRO on a 100MHz Pentium processor with 32MB of RAM, 1.6GB of hard disk space, a 28.8Kbps fax/modem, and NT Workstation 4.0.
The connection wizard's commands are clear and simple to execute. You can select Typical, Minimum, or Custom installation options. I tried the Typical option, which took 15 minutes to set up the WinFax files via automatic processing and perks like Microsoft Exchange support, optical character recognition, and email support. It can take 33MB on your PC in case the program finds that your modem does not have voice capability or is not held by Talkworks.

Unfortunately I had to send a fax to the IRS. Fortunately I was able to use an online free fax service. ( I am at least 60 miles from the nearest town which might have a fax service.) Fortunately the IRS did not care that the fax came with ads. Fortunately the IRS resolved the discrepancy in my favor and paid interest to boot.

Why would you send personal info through a free service. Fax machine are cheap

I would love a pointer to a cheap fax machine that isn't just a feature of an all-in-one ink-jet printer. I've looked for one for work.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=fax+machine&sprefix=fax&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_3

Even if you have a fax machine, you will still need to find a land line...

Cable VoIP works tooo

I think some Obi devices can handle a fax machine.

There are only a couple of realistic options there for us-- most are inkjet all-in-one devices that also do fax. We've been through 2 of those, of different brands, used as a dedicated fax-only machine. Generally exceptionally poor quality construction, and severely hampered as a dedicated fax machine by the games inkjet printer manufacturers play with forced replacement of expensive cartridges. They use a 'metered' system that declares a cartridge is exhausted after x number of pages, whether or not the cartridge is actually empty. Especially aggravating when the color cartridge has never been used at all, and even an outgoing fax will not work because the color cartridge has been deemed 'empty' by the page counter.

Basically, we ended up renting the machine to use as a fax. That process is made even more frustrating by fax spammers-- probably no more than 5% of our incoming fax pages were non-spam .

FAx spamming is Illegal. The reason is the Spammer uses your property. Paper and ink.

It still happens and you can report them. I forget where to do that. Google is your friend

In case you need to print and move received faxes out of the /var/spool/hylafax/recvq/ directory,

You can make a FaxDispatch file like the following
pattern. ## and/or by device FOLDER="/var/spool/hylafax/recvq/" FULLPATH="${FOLDER}${FILENAME}.tif" case "$DEVICE" inttyS14) /usr/bin/tiff2ps -w 8.5 -h 11 -a $FILE |lpr -P kyocera; mv $FULLPATH /var/spool/hylafax/recvq/dept1/;; # all faxes received on ttyS14 ttyS15) /usr/bin/tiff2ps -w 8.5 -h 11 -a $FILE |lpr -P kyocera; mv $FULLPATH /var/spool/hylafax/recvq/dept2/;; # all faxes received on ttyS15 esac. You can click here to know much more about fax without fax machine received faxed via Hylafaxes.

Sigh

Looks like a scientific formulation for the nusberry effect.

Yep, I can send and receive faxes using my Google voice number and the Obi device for that line.

If needed, I could even receive the fax to a desktop PC, but just use the all in one for that purpose.

Hope you (OP) find a long term solution!