My 331 temporary numbers no longer work

I dialed ##72786# and my phones were reset with the original cellnuvo numbers but I heard redpocket activation option when I tried to make an outbound call. What to do?

Why did you decide to do ##72786# ?

What a mess. Guess email support

It was your fault for doing ##72786#

To CellNUVO,
it's time to blame customers.

Because with that 331 number I heard "your account cannot be validated..." when I tried to make an outbound phone call... Now i lost that temporary number.

What do you hear when you try your 331 number?

Lol I was just curious why he did one. Not blaming him lol

I am not stupid. I had two 331 numbers but I only did one. The one I did reverted to original cellnuvo number. Now neither works.

Mine still working with Chicago number

I think this is a signal that our original numbers will be back soon.

There's that R+ deja vu!

I checked my original cellnuvo numbers on redpocket and found them both in a paygo plan.

Glad to see progress for some. Mine still has a 331 number and shows the $10 plan:

[li]Your Red Pocket Account:
331*******
$10 500 Minutes, 500 Texts, 100 MB @ 4G LTE[/li]

Did you check your original cellnuvo number?

Although I would not normally do a ##72786# carrier reset unless there was already a problem, doing so should not cause a problem, nor cause a loss of service.
The carrier reset serves to load the already existing network settings in our phones-- so if there's a change when doing the carrier reset, that change already exists within the network backbone. You don't 'cause' a change by doing the reset, and a phone not working after a network reset should have failed to work without the reset, too. That phone should have gone through hands-free provisioning when next powered off/on anyway.

There are sometimes short overlap periods when it's possible to continue service with the old carrier information before doing a carrier reset, but if the carrier reset changes to a different number, that change was inevitable whether, or when, one does the reset.

I dialed 72786 because my 331 number could not make outbound phone calls. It said my account could not be validated. After 72786 reset, I lost the 331 number and my original number was back to my phone, but when I tried to make a phone call I was directed to redpocket customer service.

[quote="Hungry-Hog"]
I dialed 72786 because my 331 number could not make outbound phone calls. It said my account could not be validated. After 72786 reset, I lost the 331 number and my original number was back to my phone, but when I tried to make a phone call I was directed to redpocket customer service.

/quote]

Yep, that matches my expectation. My earlier comment was just to reinforce the concept that you didn't do anything wrong by doing the carrier reset-- it was the smart thing to do under the circumstances, and could not have been responsible for loss of service on the phone anyway.
I suspect that your issue is that Red Pocket hasn't yet tied your "payment source" (CN in this case) back to your original #. In your situation, I would try Profile updates every few hours, and contact Support if the situation remains the same after 24 hours.

Whoa!!! Did you just say I am smart?

[quote="KentE"]

The phone restored with my original cellnuvo number by 72786 works now, there is no data service, but voice and text by themselves can make me happy! I am going to reset my other phone associated with a non operating 331 number, NOW.

Thanks for the updates, Hungry-Hog! I think this gives lots of us hope.

Kente you are absolutely correct. "Red Pocket hasn't yet tied your "payment source" (CN in this case) back to your original #." I believe that my original number is still funded by the complimentary 10 dollars plan even though it is linked to paygo. It now acts just like the 331 number, voice text viable but no data. Once this complimentary fund is exhausted, the silver fund will kick in, I guess. And at that time data should work because it is my own silver. However, it also depends on cellnuvo it team's ability.

So on refill page your original number still show "$10 500 Minutes, 500 Texts, 100 MB @ 4G LTE"? After you did calls/txt, silver deducted from your account?