Moto G7 Power Android 10

Hello folks. Looking to see if anyone here has a Moto G7 Power and has upgraded to Android 10 without any negative side effects. I keep getting the pesky upgrade notification and have been hesitant due to other issues previously reported. Thanks!

Great question! That might depend upon which carrier you are using, and where you bought the phone.

There was much discussion about problems with OS10 on the Lenovo forum, which may or may not be helpful for you. Here's the link in case you'd like to read up on it:
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/moto-g7-play-moto-g7-moto-g7-power-moto-g7-plus/Lost-LTE-on-Verizon-after-Android-10-upgrade-on-Moto-G7/m-p/5027508?page=10

Apparently many Motorola 7 series phones lost service after the update to OS 10, but I'm not sure if your model (the G7 Power) was affected in the same way. Anyhow, that thread might be a good place to start.

If you do decide to allow the OS upgrade, please let us know how it goes. Good luck!

If you currently have access to selecting which LTE band your phone is using you'll lose that with Android 10. It removes access to the radios for those kinds of changes.

Its a factory unlocked version purchased at BestBuy. I use all carriers in that it just depends what works best for me. This phone has used FreedomPop, FreeUp, Tracfone (AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon SIMs), and even a Visible activated SIM. As far as the band selection, I am not too worried about it on this particular phone. For other phones I have, I do want to keep that option. To sum it up, that's why I posted being I have seen all of these reports indicating issues are present. Maybe I will continue to hold off.

That sounds like a good idea, at least until Lenovo is able to come up with an update that will fix the issue. Hopefully that will be soon!