I tried to activate my first Android phone on 4/30. It was accepted, but was a struggle to get working at all-- it would not complete hands-free activation. I did finally get voice/text working by manual programming, but couldn't get it to update profile and PRL, so no data. I suppose I could use it for backup, but it still keeps cycling through hands-free attempts every time I power it on.
I'm kind of bummed.
I think I see one of my old flip phones in that pile! Guess I'm fortunate that it's with T-Mobile, which hopefully will continue on GSM after the merger happens. Glad I kept it active on a grandfathered plan -- $10 a year for a whopping total of 1000 minutes or texts, no data (that's the whole allotment for the year) -- but it makes a good backup in case my Tello (Sprint) or FreeUP (AT&T) phones are out of network.
It might be late (conflicting reports re: Sprint Servers) but try this:
connect to wifi, then try update profile, let it sit for a while, many times it needs to do it's background processes to completion or it will fail
after say 5 minutes, if it hasn't automatically updated the PRL then manually update that.
Even before the CDMA sunsetting the WiFi "force update" was the only way to get some phones activated.