Lawsuit status

Maybe "wishful thinking" is simply speculation with an optimistic outlook.:slight_smile:

You're entitled to your opinion.

:woohoo:

In the spirit of throwing spaghetti against the wall to see what sticks;
It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall listening to Ringplus lawyers perfecting a case against Sprint from ringplus; 'as a social network' perspective- vs- seeking remedy against Sprint as an mvno.

The entire sequence of events up to this point is a little murky.

My understanding is that legal action was initiated by Sprint for nonpayment and a "time to cure" was provided. The RingPlus lawsuit was a response to this development.

As to what a suit based on a "social network perspective" might address I would be uncertain.

A creative lawyer might construct a compelling case based on a novel interpretation of the theory of tortious interference.

It seems there are fairly unlimited possibilities in that concept--I once was threatened that I might be sued for exactly that reason.

The sad part was the party making that threat actually seemed to believe it was a viable strategy. Fortunately, the misunderstanding behind it was quickly resolved and the threat vanished.:slight_smile:

To be frank, I think the issue of any type of litigation at this stage is no longer a real prospect.

What would be interesting to learn is how much debt (if any), Sprint wrote off. And if so, whether they did so in return for R+ dropping their action.

I would say though that it's interesting that we haven't heard a thing from Karl. In the past, every time he has gone completely quiet, it has been because there were intense calculations and discussions going on with Sprint. Now that RingPlus is winding down and the lawsuit has been withdrawn, you might have expected he would have time to come to Social and participate / communicate more. Seeing he hasn't, I wouldn't be surprised if there is still a mess to sort out, perhaps related to the debt owed to Sprint.

JTSR71
LOL, :slight_smile: Tongue in cheek,
Please see other thread(s) where Karl is busy being a surgeon, solving world hunger or, busy volunteering with ting as a customer service rep supporting the ring to ting transition

For what it's worth here is what my son, who is an IP lawyer, briefly said on the "with prejudice" matter: "dismissal with prejudice" means they can't refile the same case. In other words, the case likely settled (or, less likely, the plaintiff realized it had no case and dismissed of its own accord).

If they dismissed without prejudice, then they could potentially refile the case arising from the same facts".

Thus, we can still speculate.