I didn't leave the Republican Party. The Republican Party left me.

"That is why I join Will and other principled conservatives, both current and former Republicans, in rooting for a Democratic takeover of both houses in November. Like postwar Germany and Japan, the Republican Party must first be destroyed before it can be rebuilt."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/i-left-the-republican-party-now-i-want-democrats-to-take-over/2018/07/03/54a4007a-7e38-11e8-b0ef-fffcabeff946_story.html

I wonder how many voters the Democratic party left behind that now vote Republican. I know some and they are still union workers. And by the way, they do like the Supreme courts decision on paying fees, they are waiting for it to apply to private unions as well as public unions.

I think many crossed over to vote for Republicans maybe in the past 10 or 20 years, even earlier if you look at Reagan. But I can guarantee that very few crossed over to vote for Trump. If anything it was the other way around with many Republicans voting for Democrats. Obviously, not as many as they needed, but that was the trend last in 2016 and will be even more so in 2018.

I can tell you that many former-Republicans like me are completely disgusted with today's politics and the Republican Party that has lost its conscience.

Like seriously, tariffs and trade wars? What happened to free trade? What happened to reducing the deficit, not adding trillions more in debt? What happened to projecting strength and leading the world by example, not antagonizing our strongest alliances?

I believe in civility and honor. Today's Republican Party does not.