How to "convert" your Gold to Cash

This may be obvious to almost everyone but I thought I would share it anyway. I've already used Gold to pay up my RedPocket line 6 months in advance so I'm not to worried about that for the time being.

So what I have done to essentially get cash for gold is this;
My son has a traditional cell phone with AT&T
His bill is about $75 a month
I pay his bill with my gold and...
He gives me $75 instead of giving it to AT&T

I've done this for 2 months now and it works great! Cash is King

Your son should negotiate a discount :slight_smile:

Very nice. One might even call this converting : "Gold Laundering" :dry:

Is this fair to your son? A free every other month

Maybe you should educate your son a little on how to budget his phone bills? You can still pay his phone bill even if it is down to $20 a month. I would not pay $75 a month to att unless phone sex is included.

[quote="Frasier1"]
This may be obvious to almost everyone but I thought I would share it anyway. I've already used Gold to pay up my RedPocket line 6 months in advance so I'm not to worried about that for the time being.

Frasier1 How you pay up for 6 months? I would like to do that too. Mine last payment took over 48 hours, airtime expired during that time.

Maybe he's got a plan that includes a phone?

Yes, he has a plan that includes iphone payments and damage insurance. I wouldn't do that but you know kids these days. I paid up six months of RedPocket simply by sending them 10 gold six times. Each time I waited till the gold posted and then I just sent another. When I was 'paid up' for six months I stopped sending gold. Every time I did the expiration date on my online account was extended by 30 days.
Plan expiration date: 2018-03-31

Last expiration date: 2018-09-28

Frasier1 is a smart cookie!

Some kids help their parents with cell plans and some parents help their kids with cell plans. What a crazy world we live in.
75 is pretty good considering it comes with payments of the phone and insurance. I thought initially that 75 was just for the plan, in which case redpocket sure adores him as a valued customer.