Hot Deals - General

"The terms specifically state that gift card purchases don’t qualify for cashback earnings."

So why is there an offer for Giftcards.com?!? haha

Some more lessons from recent experience:

1. They haven't fixed this.

2. If Google accepts any value for a damaged phone, one is ALWAYS better off trading that in as long as you identify it as such.

3. Pay for a $9.99 Google One subscription just before making a big purchase. The 10% store credit back pays for that and more. If you time it right, you can cancel the subscription right after the 10% is credited but just hours before you pay another $9.99 automatic renewal.

1% bonus to let money sit for a few months in 2.25% savings acct.

Activate to earn 5% Cashback Bonus at Amazon.com and Digital Wallets from 10/1/22 (or the date on which you activate 5%, whichever is later) through 12/31/22, on up to $1,500 in purchases. Digital Wallet purchases include those made online and in-store with your smartphone, tablet, or wearable. Wallets that qualify include Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, and Garmin Pay.

So... Load up on prepaid VISA cards at 5% discount. Best use case is to spend at Costco, which takes only VISA, so it's like using Discover at Costco. haha

Wow! The expected 6.47% is quite a decrease from the current 9.62% for savings bonds issued May 1, 2022, to October 31, 2022! I'm glad I got mine in July.

As mentioned at the link, if you want to lock in the current 9.62% annualized interest rate for the next 6 months, you must make your purchase on TreasuryDirect by October 28, 2022.

You can get ad-free HBO Max for $3.25/mo if you have an American Express card with the $50 HBO Max offer, and sign up via Rakuten Up to 40% Off HBO Max Coupons, Promo Codes + $16.00.

HBO Max is running a special for a year of ad-free for $104.99 (regular $149.99). HBO Max

Enroll in the AmEx HBO offer by Oct 14th, and use it by Oct 20th, it's $50 off a $99+ HBO Max purchase.

I did this on Tuesday, and I already have the $16 pending on my Rakuten account, and the $50 statement credit is already posted to my AmEx account.

$104.99 - $50 - $16 = $38.99

$38.99 / 12 = $3.25/mo

(+Applicable Sales Tax)

THAT'S a deal!

This is something for future reference. Back in September, I bought one of these when BestBuy had a one-day 50% flash sale. I paid $30 for the 10gb plan (no tax - I picked this up in Delaware on my way up to Philly) expecting 3 months of service. I waited until this morning to activate, because yesterday was the last day of my wife' service on Visible. I wound up getting the additional 3 months of free service associated with the current deal.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09KC4VFX1?

I got these 8 white/color solar lights for $17 ($56 and apply 70% off coupon), average below $1 each. I think people were returning them thinking the stakes did not fit. I almost returned it until I re-looked at the listing which says it does fit, just press firm. Great price and timely for holiday decoration.

Even better, I added my Citi card on Amazon and today (2 days later), I have the offer to use ThankYou Points to get 40% discount. I guess I need to see how many points I have and buy something again. LOL

ApplePay Big Mac deal.

In my experience you don't need to pay the entire purchase with points. I have used 1 point, paid the balance with whatever other form of payment I chose and got many various different promotions like the Citi 40% offer you have.

Give it a try, I'd be surprised if it didn't work for you also, you'll see it on the checkout page before you buy.

Pretty obvious I think but I'll mention -
Just be aware the promo is usually one time only you can't make multiple purchases using 1 point and get 40% off several times. By one time only I don't mean you won't get the offer again in a month or 6.
% off offers usually have a $x limit so load your cart with that in mind. I've seen $10 limits to $150 limits on these % offers over the years.

Smart Dimmable LED Bulbs.

$2.97 ea at Lowes.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Feit-Electric-Feit-Smart-WiFi-60-Watt-EQ-A19-Soft-White-Dimmable-Smart-LED-Light-Bulb/1002576142

2 for $5 at Best Buy.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wiz-a19-smart-led-soft-white-2-pack/6487581.p?

Mint Mobile (both deals require porting in a number):

Google Pixel 7 Pro Bundle $589 includes the phone and 12 mos service: https://www.mintmobile.com/product/google-pixel-7-pro-bundle/
This is a popular deal, as it wavers between in stock and out of stock.

Google Pixel 6a Bundle $389 includes the phone and 12 mos service:
https://www.mintmobile.com/product/google-pixel-6a-bundle/

Not bad at 15% off for Lowes. Not such a deal for Domino's.
After you order, you get an email to redeem. Then, you pick the brand you want and get the e-gift card on your browser.

Discover is looking for new savings customers. Ally and CapitalOne offer 1% bonus for transferring money over and letting it sit for 90 days.

THAT'S a deal! Too bad I already have an IRA with Discover. I called Discover and was told that I don't qualify for the $450 offer, since I have IRAs there.

Visible is doing a "switching hour" Halloween sale. A lot of their phones are at least 31% off, plus a GC up to $200, although not two models that just came out -- the iPhone 14 series and the Pixel 7 series. Then, after the phone you want is in your cart, add the coupon code 'VISIBUNDLE' and you will get a Bang & Olufsen speaker for free.

The best deal seems to be the iPhone SE 3rd gen at $296.01 with a $150 GC.
The iPhone 12 and 12 mini are also good options.

There is a 3-month service commitment ($30-$90 depending on leveraging referrals), so doing this deal precludes your line from taking advantage of any upcoming BF deals.

Finally, don't forget to go through Rakuten or TopCashBack for $30 cashback.

Have Visa or MC gift cards shown up or is Amazon still the "most universal" card available?

The iPhone SE 3rd gen in NOT the 2022 5g one, correct?

ETA - ok, took a min & looked for myself -

• $296.01 SE is the 5g one.

• Don't see MC or Visa GC as an option.