FU 'support' ? LOLz!

Thanks again for the even further info St3fx !!

Sadly - same results - rejected as connection problem or invalid mmi code.

I now realize the very best usage for this service & SIM after re-upping with Redpocket will be if it works in a GSM GPS tracker for the person here who gets lost so very easily.

I was going to get a well-reviewed low cost tracker for her until I realized that adding in the monthly GSM costs would make it too expensive to bother with - but with the SIM already on hand all I'd need to do is renew it monthly for SMS usage only - which may be a great, final solution for all its annoyances.

Thanks all the same !!

@Extraterrestrial_Zoologist:

The only other suggestion I can think of is to try to set up conditional call forwarding from a different handset to rule out a device/firmware issue. The FU SIM is "portable" and can be used in a different device than the IMEI registered with the line.

I read somewhere online that one or more Android handsets and/or AndroidOS versions may have issue setting up call forwarding on AT&T using star codes. On Youmail site, for example, "Samsung Galaxy Note 4" is specifically listed as incompatible on AT&T: https://support.youmail.com/hc/en-us/articles/200478138-Why-Is-My-YouMail-Call-Forwarding-Not-Working-

If the device/firmware is not the issue, this suggests FreeUp may no longer be provisioning new free line activations with the ability to establish conditional call forwarding via star codes.

Yes, this is likely 100% correct:

Simply because they told me straight out in a ticket reply (before they began ignoring me completely...) that forwarding is not supported.

Possibly finding a workaround sounded good, but is obviously also a non-option.

Thanks for your time & efforts !!