Freeup: notice about AT&T deadline

I've still got over $200 in credit. That'll be nice for a rainy day.

Switched to an LG Phoenix 2 that I used to use on FreedomPop.

Everything is working well.

Chosen post=53754 userid=908

Thanks. It seems to have taken several days, but it now shows a different balance. It used to show 93.18, now it shows 92.51. Therefore I guess they are charging something extreme for just a few megabytes of data. At least I'll have a backup if I need to quickly turn on map software or something.

The last time I checked ~ .05 per MB.

I have a Sonim XPS5 that stopped working on FreeUp when they phased out 3G. I just got it working again by doing a network reset a few times. The first network reset oddly didn't do the trick. I had never seen the VOLTE symbol on the banner at the top next to the remaining battery capacity. I guess it always connected on 3G? I suppose the FreeUp message about my phone not being capable was an attempt to sell me a new phone, even though the XPS5 is on the ATT supported list.

Yes I think they sent that message to everyone, regardless if it was an approved phone or not. My brother has had a sim in an ATT approved phone since the beginning and the page even shows the IMEI, phone model, etc are all correct and still gets a notification on the web page about needing a compatible phone. Not sure if he got a text though, like I did on my non-approved, but unlocked phone.

Site on new device that i also provide an address. Falsely claims that the address has 'no service'. I had to use a different address to get past this.

I am trying to switch the SIM for use in an iPhone 7 Plus. Claims that the IMEI is invalid despite it being an unlocked iPhone 7 Plus that was bought from the Apple store.

I then looked to close my account but it seems it's not possible on the web site.

Anyone successful in using this service on an iPhone?

I have service on an iPhone 6s.

I transferred the SIM from the old flip phone to the iPhone 7 Plus, No Service. :frowning:

iPhone did detect the SIM's phone number so I guess the SIM in inactive on the AT&T system. Is it that Freeup wants to charge me $10 for a new SIM? So much for free.

My iPhone worked immediately after putting in the sim card (it was previously in an Android phone). iPhone was previously on Verizon.

How was your iPhone previously used? Have you tried a factory reset?

You have to install the FreeUp profile. Do that at this link

Importantly, you have do the link using the Safari browser

That page goes to an error page. New link: Premium Cell Phone Plans with 4G LTE Nationwide Service | FreeUp Mobile

Anyway, I installed the profile, still no service. iPhone shows No SIM restrictions but on the upper left shows No Service where the setup video shows it should read FreeUp.

When I go to General, About, it shows Network as Not Available. Carrier shows AT&T 50.0.2.

I previously tried Reset Network Settings and it did not work. Trying Reset All Settings now. OK, that did the trick, it now shows FreeUp!

Interesting that Freeup website picked up my iPhone information.

Anyway, this is the link to the APN info/download. Premium Cell Phone Plans with 4G LTE Nationwide Service | FreeUp Mobile

I guess it was a good thing we got in when we did. I no longer see the free plan mentioned except in my grandfathered acct.