Freedompop - latest scam to 'monetize'

This is a bit off topic, but I wanted to say that I purchased the FP one year normally $50 sim for $42 about 8 months ago via Paypal, and there have been no FP shenanigans so far. $3.50 a month for 1GB data with additional data at 2 cents a mb + unlimited voip t&t is not a bad deal as an alternative to the free sim plans, especially if one has to pay something now, or has to worry about being charged unawares. Also, by using Paypal, I seem to be safe from unauthorized charges, for on my account it says I must update my payment method in order to add data or whatever to my account.

One SIM was reenabled by FP staff on the 17th and it turned off today, the 20th.
One SIM was reenabled by me around that time and it again turned off today, the 20th.

More trickery, so it appears FP is intentionally deactivating the SIMs to make me reactivate it 3x in a week so that auto top-up will be turned on. The 3 attempt in a week to reactivate was the 'story' told to me of why the auto top-up was turned on. It is a 'feature'.

This is a nice PSA thread to let others know the dangers of going over

For those who are using FP data on android, this process is what I use to never get those pesky fees.

Could the FP policy change be related to this?

https://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2018/10/google-news-bug-causing-overcharges-on.html

First youtube being down for at least an hour and now this? Maybe Google needs a vacation...

Not a good look for Google, especially since they've known about the bug since June.
It's not the first similar bug, either-- I remember a bug with Google Photo that caused huge overage issues for some in RingPlus days.

Ahhh r+. Full service with 3gig lte for $25 one time fee. I got almost a year with them. I was satisfied.