Bring a broken phone to Ting, let us pay for it

ETZ, I don't know if you frequent SlickDeals or other forums but we are definitely NOT the minority when it comes to a bad Ting experience. The only difference is there are always people who are happy to attack others while they aggressively defend their pet brand/company/service/whatever.

I did not quote you @johnsmith as someone that abused the terms. I said "some" based on Literally Unlimited explaining the company side of actions taken.

I am all for folks expressing their experiences. Should it not be ok for me to express mine also?

I am not trying to change any minds or bash anyone. My experience with them has been good; I am sorry yours was not.

So, anyone thinking they're going to take advantage of the promo? :silly:

Unfair characterization.

For me I stayed for the ring plus credit. In fact I stayed a little longer. I didn't like the prices so I left. I found a better deal so I left. I never got any sign up or monthly credit. I never asked to go to ting I mean I was forced to. They saved my cell numbers so I thank them. But long-term the price wasn't affordable for me .

I didn't game anything

Rather than start a new thread on this, I'll just drop this in here: http://garagesale.ting.com

All sales final. No refunds or exchanges. Kind of like a garage sale.

Devices sold as CDMA are locked to Sprint, as GSM locked to T-Mobile, and multi-network are sold unlocked. You do not need to be a Ting customer to puchase.

Cheers.

Wow -- some great deals! But if we buy one of these, there is no warranty, even if the phone is new... is that correct?

If it has manufacturer warranty left, that still applies, and you'd have to contact the manufacturer. There's just no established return or exchange process from us on it.

Thanks very much for the clarification. One more question: Are unlocked phones "universally" unlocked (i.e., they would work on any of the Big Four and most of their respective MVNOs), or would they only work on Sprint and T-Mobile?

Yes. They're universally unlocked (not just SPR and TMO) and should accept Verizon and AT&T SIMs as well, though band compatibility will need to be considered before purchase.

Some good ones but some are a bit silly. A new note 8 for $950??? Also a moto X4 for $349 when they sell for $149 everywhere else.

That is simply not true, look at what you actually wrote:

It would be nice if you followed your own advice. Extraterrestrial_Zoologist and I both simply described our experiences, you on the other hand did impugn our character and then tried to retroactively rewrite history about what you said. Show me where you actually said "some".

Here are the very simple facts of our total disdain for ting;
These facts stand on their own merits regardless of what he said or she said, etc...

1 - We are very low end users - maybe 200 minutes voice, tops & 100 SMS & ZERO data per month;
2 - We accepted an offer that came with very attractive bonuses for porting away from the old rp;
3 - Said bonuses appeared & stayed put for some time;
4 - Said bonuses then vanished with NO action on our parts;
5 - When contacted they provided non-answers & refused to put it back as it had been;
6 - Billing commenced;
7 - We paid what was due;
8 - We moved to a more honest provider that has kept its promises and served us well ever since without any dishonesty or excessive per-line fees.

As such we will NEVER recommend ting and if/when it tries to lure in folks who are unaware of how poorly it has treated some of its customers during a very difficult time - it is a call to put the above facts in the open again in hopes that having said facts may help someone else's decision processes.

We did not get into ting hoping for any huge allotments and did not use any more of anything than usual.
Frankly there was always a doubt as to whether we would stay with it right from the start simply due to the total costs/month.
When that company's true nature exposed itself openly minus any actions on our parts, that was what decided it for us.
Trusting this company again, ever, for any reason is simply NOT an option here.

No R+ credits were ever taken away without cause. Full stop. I cannot comment on specific cases, because we don't discuss account specifics in public forums.

Disagree if you feel you must, but there's nothing I'm going to be able to add here if every thread on nth about Ting is going to devolve into re-legislating R+.

Please don't stop posting here. There will always be complaints. I appreciated Ting keeping my R+ number from being lost forever.

Exactly.

When trust is broken there is no re-legislating ANYTHING about that.
Just empty words slung about in defense of a lying company - by a person paid by said company.
(Profit motive...much ??)

I'm not commenting on the validity of the grievances with Ting that some may have. I do think there is a place for that but I don't think that place is here in this thread. If you have other issues with Ting then may I suggest you start a separate thread about it and I am sure all those interested in Ting will see your particular issue and take that into consideration. Hearing all sides is good.

I think if you have an issue/experience with the specific promotions being discussed then by all means share that here ie the "garage sale" or "repair your phone and receive credit" promos. Those who came to this thread looking for discussion on these particular promos probably do not want to wade through other general Ting discussion here.

Can I suggest that the Ting haters start ONE thread where they can retell their respective stories of woe-- and then stop crapping on every Ting thread that Literallyunlimited starts?

The Ting lovers can start a similar thread-- and then any newcomers can read both threads and either take them to heart or choose to ignore them.

LiterallyUnlimited does a lot of good, here, and I hate that some feel compelled to rubber stamp every thread he writes or comments in with their already well known butt hurt horror stories.

It's starting to border on pathological behavior, folks. Time to give it a rest.

I noticed that mmface squeaked in a post, just ahead of mine, while I was still writing mine.

Just making sure y'all knew that I wasn't piling on-- merely writing a similar post at the same time.

2 years 2 months ago a "Ting" thread was started, which contains positive and negative views of Ting, yet no one has posted there for about ten months now. ??

https://www.nthcircle.com/forum/ting/55-ting?start=0